Chapter 14

(y/n) POV

The next morning I woke up to Mom yelling at Bell for staying in the red light district all night. I  decided to just go to my shop as soon as I could.

"And where are you going so early in the morning?" Freya asked, "To my shop. I have work to do." I said as my stomach began to growl, "You skipped breakfast didn't you?" She said with a slight laugh, "Yeah." I said in embarrassment, "Then why don't you come and have brunch with mommy." She said as she took my hand.

"So (y/n) do you like your new home?" Freya asked, "Yeah, it's really big and I have my own room and a workshop!" I said, "I'm glad you don't have to stay in some shabby hole in the wall anymore. A mansion is fitting for one of my children. I was tempted to give Hestia a mansion of her own before the war game." She said, "That "hole in the wall" was the place I called home. I'd rather live there than a mansion we didn't earn." I said, "Don't be silly dear. You're a demigod and you deserve far greater than what you've come to know." She said, "You would say that." I said, "What is that supposed to mean?" She asked, "It means that as a Goddess of beauty you're so used to getting anything and everything you want. I'm probably the first person to tell you no. So before you criticize how Mom, Bell, and I lived before the war game, try living like that yourself." I said, "Thanks for the food, but I don't think we should see each other anymore. At least not until you learn exactly how I feel." I said as I left.

I furiously forged a new magic sword.

"At least I have my swords. They're simple and easy to understand." I said as I opened the window and saw it was almost night. "I should head home." I said as I began to close the shop.

"I'm home!" I said as I ran through the front door as everyone else was leaving, "Where are you all going?" I asked, "To save Bell. He was kidnapped by the Ishtar familia." Welf said, "I'm coming too!" I said, "No you're not. You're just a little kid playing adult. There is nothing you can do to help." He said, "O-Oh,p-please be careful." I said softly as they left.

Hestia POV

"Welf, thank you. I wouldn't have been able to keep him from coming with us, but he'll be too crushed to come." I said, "That didn't make it any easier to say, but someone had to." Welf said.

(y/n) POV

"I may be just a kid, but I'm also a demigod! And there's always one person who I can count on to help me when I need it." I said as grabbed several swods from the workshop and I left.