Chapter 18

(y/n) POV

"Kronos, why are you here?" Lady Gaia asked, "Cause I'm bored!" I said, "Is being good always this boring?" I asked, "Unfortunately. I have an idea of how to alleviate the predicament you found yourself in." She said, "Why don't you increase our ranks. I will leave those you give a Black Sliver weapon to, to your discretion my dear." She said, "But I only have the one weapon. It would take me months to forge more." I said, "Then start small. Forge a single blade and give it away to whoever you see fit. Tempt them with your power Kronos, and then drag them into the light, my light." She said, "That seems doable, but I thought I was going to be the only one. You said I was the only one worthy of you and that I was more than enough for you!" I said, "And you are my darling, but every king and queen need their pawns, and the best pawns are those who are slaves to the power of black silver blades." She said as she walked towards me, "I promised you that I would never leave you, never abandon you and that I would always listen to you. I keep my promises." She said as she fixed my hair, "Besides, you're destined to be with me for all of time, you are my Kronos." She said before she kissed my forehead, "Kronos you have always been destined to become one with the Goddess Gaia. For all eternity." She said.

Freya POV

"(y/n) sweetheart are you in there?" I asked as I entered his forge. "Oh hey mom, I didn't hear you come in." (y/n) said, "I'm sorry sweetheart, next time I'll knock a bit louder." I said, "What are you making?" I asked, "Oh just a new sword." He said, "I've never seen you use a metal like this before? Where'd you get it?" I asked for a strange metal ingot that was sat atop a crate. "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" He said worriedly, "Why? It's not like it'll hurt anything." I said, "It's chared steel. If you touch it, it'll ruin your clothes. I know you like to look your best at all times so I wouldn't want you to ruin your dress." He said, "Thank you sweetie, but it's just a dress. It's not the end of the world if I have to replace it." I said as I kissed his cheek, "I'll get out of your hair now sweetie. I just wanted to tell you that you need to come home tonight. I'm making dinner tonight. It'll probably be horrible, but I'd like to have dinner with my son." I said, "Why? It's not like we've been family before recently." He said, "True, but I'd like to be a proper family, well as proper as we can get considering your father died in the dungeon." I said, "Remember, be home before nightfall." I said before I left. 'He called me mom. I'm so happy.' I thought as I wiped a tear away.

(y/n) POV

"I made this, sadly I wasn't able to find anyone worthy of it." I said as I held up a black silver bow.

" I said as I held up a black silver bow

"I see. Well, it is lovely. Is this the first bow you've made?" Lady Gaia asked, "Yeah it took a bit to figure out how to weave the silver into the string, but it was worth it." I said, "You seem preoccupied darling. Is something on your mind?" She asked, "Freya told me she wanted to be a proper family. She's making dinner for us tonight." I said making her laugh, "Little Freya cooking? Well don't get your hopes up, she's a goddess of beauty for a reason. I believe that last time she cooked something, Heaven was set ablaze for weeks." She said, "Kronos, don't get distracted. I am the only family you will ever need." She said, "I know, but I'm just a kid. You can have anyone you want." I said, "You're right, but I want you. I've waited longer than you can ever comprehend, I think I can stand to wait for you to become an adult." She said as she kissed my forehead, "I love you Kronos, don't forget that." She said, "Now you should head home. I shall sort out the bow." She said as I left.

"I'm home." I said, "You're late sweetheart." Lady Freya said, "I'm sorry." I said, "It's alright, come eat." She said sweetly. I sat down at the table with her and took a bite of the steak she made, "Well how is it, honey? I used lots of spices and sauces. I also marinated it in my favorite wine." She said happily, "It burns!" I cried as I fell back in pain, "Where did I go wrong? I thought the more you add to a recipe the better it tastes." She said, "It burns. T-Tell Bell...he needs to get with Mom..." I said.