My Little Pony

This book will be switching from Daya and Ziyah's POV which I am really excited about. I'm a girl so I'm sorry if I don't connect with Ziyah like I do with Daya.

Ziyah's POV
It's the first week of summer break, and I have a girl whose pissed at me. To add onto that shit Lucas is blowing up my phone with all the parties he's planning on going to, and I'm watching some weird ass ponies with stickers on their butts and colored hair.

"I used to wonder what friendship could be!" Sofia sings along with the tv while bobbing her head from side to side. Girl knows the whole song, but when I ask her what her mom is doing tonight she has no clue.

Once again Angela has to do something, and because I was busy trying to get out of the dog house with Daya I missed the not it game about who is taking Sofia. Sofia aint all that bad and I love her, but I've babysat her more than her dad has taken care of her. He's one of those white privileged guys who thinks writing a check every month with a FaceTime call is being a dad, now I haven't seen my dad in some years, but I'm pretty sure that ain't all to it.

"Sof can we please watch something else," I say. She turns her head crosses her arms just like her mother still does.

"Zi Zi your shows are ina-a-a," Sofia struggles to get out syllables. I hate to sound like a narc, but it sure seems like this My little Pony is rodding her brain. Then again she has a slight lisp due to the fact her front teeth are missing. "Ana-prop-eeeit," she concludes. Someone has been snooping on my Netflix profile because I don't even watch tv around Sofia. In the off chance that I do I'm watching fucking Reba for god's sake.

"I told you not to call me that." Zi Zi was cute when she was 2, but now that she's 6 it's time to give it up just like she did with that nasty old blanket.

Sofia's voice gets more high pitched. "Zi Zi sounds better, Brittany said Ziyah is a girl name."

"Word? Well Brittany has a basic white girl name." Shit I forgot about my child proof filter.

Sofia's whole face scrunches up, and I can already hear the question. "What is a white girl name?" Geez I wish Daya was here right now because she's good at answering Sofia's unlimited questions.

I turn back to look at the tv. "Oh look whats her face is in that castle thing." I point to the tv and Sofia who might have a bit of adhd turns her head and goes back to being completely invested. Me on the other hand I start scrolling through my phone which of course leads me to Daya's contact. We're not officially together, but we're close enough, and her giving me the cold shoulder sure makes me feel like we're a couple.

Me: Are you still giving me the silent treatment or can we talk now.

Daya: I don't know, don't you want to talk to Ella

Yeah I deserved that, but I DIDN'T DO SHIT.

Me: You know I only want to talk to you

Daya: You sure?

Me: Positive and stop frontin you know you want to talk to me too.

Daya: Yeah ok I do, but I can't talk right now
Yeah a nigga still in the doghouse, even though I DIDN'T DO SHIT!

Me: k I'll call you later.

Daya: K

I hate to be all dramatic and shit, but damn I felt her anger in that "k." I spend the next 30 minutes scribbling random stuff in the sketchbook Angela got me, until I turn to my head to see Sofia not singing the theme song and knocked out. As usual I pick her up and start walking up the stairs as her thumb is in her mouth. I'm about to reach the middle step when the door flies open and instead of my mom who I was expecting Lucas's head ass walks in. He doesn't even look at me, before he starts talking.