Black Balls

Daya's POV

"Nope, that's not happening, Jada did you pick this? I know your hoe ass picked this?" Vince says the second I come out of the Forever 21 changing room. 

Him, Vicki, Jada, and Dani are all squished on a bench annoying the other customers as I try to choose between the pile of dresses Jada and Vicki both picked up. Harper is also here, but she's in the dressing room were sharing trying to bounce into a dress. The reason for this impromptu mall date is next week being homecoming which I agreed to go with Harper and Ziyah. Ziyah couldn't care less, but Harper wants to, "make memories." Really she's just making Navia jealous because she's going with her ex girlfriend who just so happens to be the girl Ziyah kissed last year. 

"No I picked it out," Harper shouts from the changing room still bouncing up and down. 

Jada shakes her head while looking at her phone. She's in the same cheetah print headscarf she wore when I tagged along with her and Vicki last year. This time though she doesn't have her morning Mcdonalds orange juice, and instead holds one of those boba drinks. She leveled up. "I like it though, it's like one of those black slips," she says. 

"And that's exactly why she's not wearing it, look at her face she doesn't even like it," Vince says. He's right I feel like I belong in the girls  girls girls club. But who says that's a bad thing? Vince shakes his head and drops his hands in his palms. "Why is homecoming so early again? Like school literally just started two months ago."

"I don't know, and this dress is too thin," I say about to turn into the dressing room. 

Harper comes bouncing out and I zip her as she begins spewing information. "Because the football team sucks, all because Chase injured his knee, leaving us with JJ who has noodle arms. So are homecoming game is earlier because the season is almost over, why didn't you know this, you're like Mr. Football?" Harper stands where I was and I stand by the bench to get a good look at her dress. "What about this dress?" 

We all exchange looks at the flower dress that has Harper on the verge of sweating and turning that bright shade of red. It kind of looks like a granny party dress, but at least it abides the dress code with the thick straps. 

Jada takes a sip of her boba. "No sweetie," she says speaking for all of us. 

Harper pouts a little, but then turns around in the mirror and sees what we're looking at. One look sends us back in the dressing room where we can still hear Vince's voice over the annoying pop music. 

"She's right I used to be Mr. Football, why aren't they talking to me?" Vince asks.

As I slip into another dress I imagine Vicki patting Vince's hair. "Baby, you're in college now, focus on your team, don't worry about highschool," she says in her motherly tone.

"But the college guys are so mean and high school was so much fun. Remember our homecoming, remember how low you dropped it? That won't happen in college, plus I gotta work at the campus pizzeria," Vince whines. 

"Really can I get a hook up? Like I'm talking 30% off or more," Jada buds in. 

Jada takes in a loud slurp of her drink and Harper helps me into one of the dresses that I was actually excited to wear. According to the tag it's a, "ribbed mock button dress," and I was attracted to it because of the long sleeves and the fact that it will go with my Doc Marteens. I'm not wearing any heels or ballet flats, heck if I could I would be going to this homecoming in my radio Raheem t shirt I would. 

"Shit that's cute," Harper says as she casually pushes up her bra. 

Her next dress might be her best one, and the one we're leaving with. It's bright yellow and it doesn't seem to be strangling her boobs like all of the other dresses. Because of all her eating she's put on some extra pounds, but of course it's Harper and her life is amazing so the weight seems to only be going in her boobs and face.