Summer clothes

Daya's POV
"Harder! Harder," Harper softly says while stirring in her sleep. While her whispers and dreams of Navia annoy me every time I sleepover, her house is a silent retreat compared to both my homes. At my dad's Sawyer has learned the graceful and indulging word, "no," and uses it for every occasion. In other words the terrible twos are no joke, and my surprised my dad didn't learn that from Vince, Me, or Dani who similar to Sawyer found pleasure in waking up the whole neighborhood.

Now on the other hand at my moms there aren't cries or tantrums, but cries from the oven and stove top as my mom has taken up the hobby of baking and cooking frantically. Or rather the hobby of spilling flour and buying tons of measuring supplies only to find the ones she had in the back of the cabinet. It started when Dani got her phone and earbuds deciding that YouTube was more interesting than pleasing mom. Thanks to Dani's eyes being glued to a screen my mom attempts countless recipes from a manifold of cookbooks, and it has been something. Thank god for Harper wanting to spend more time with me.

To my liking Harper doesn't moan Navia's name again, and I'm able to sleep peacefully until my 7 am alarm goes off and Harper and I both jump up.

"Daya what did I tell you, it's summer you don't need to wake up early," Harper whines.

"Sorry," I say turning off the alarm. School might've ended, but my brain is still running like I have to rush from class to class.

"You know this is going to be like a fucking amazing summer," Harper squeals and jumps up off of her bed while I get up from the futon next to it.

"Yeah sure." Normally I love summer, but this one is going to be different as Vince is moving away to college, but at least I get more time with Ziyah. Hopefully.

"Sure? Daya come on this summer is going to be great especially for you." Harper heads into her bathroom and then raises her blonde eyebrow knowingly at me.

I know exactly what she's talking about, but it's too early and I just shake my head at Harper. Something I do often, even though I've come to fully accept Harper's enthusiastic ass as my best friend, and not some girl my parents forced me to hang out with. Lucky for me Harper changes the subject, and we go downstairs for breakfast where it's just Harper and I. Her parents are off at some rich people place, and her two brothers are doing god knows what leaving the Falims's big house and Rosa to ourselves. Rosa who actually has become my friend because I give her a break, and clean up after myself.

After I have my morning talk with Ziyah and get ready for whatever Harper wants to do, Harper jumps in the shower and I sit on her bed writing in my journal that Vince clowns me about. It's a thick one with like 400 pages, but I need everyone because  I have a lot of ideas and things I want to write about. I used to close myself off just to writing screenplays, but now I've found intrest in poetry, short stories, and any thing that comes to my mind.

I'm in the middle of a character description I hear the doorbell ring from downstairs, and Rosa's voice. Seconds later Navia prances in the room in one of her dresses that might as well be a napkin.

"Hey," I say and she gives me one of those little waves she does, because hi's are just too hard to say. She looks around Harper's grand room not hearing the sound of the shower, and then the lightbulb goes off in her head. She doesn't sit right next to me and wait for Harper, instead she puts her bag on my bed and pulls down her napkin of a dress giving me a look at her matching pink underwear. The fuck? She doesn't pay me any mind and continues to undress until she's what Joe Budden would call, "but ass."