A Quick Drive

Ngl this chapter is weird. Not weird it's just clear I'm tying up loose ends. 

Ziyah's POV

I'm helping Sofia pack for her weekend trip to Henry's when my phone buzzes with Lucas's contact. I know he lied with Navia, and I should've just blocked him, but it's too late for me to get mad at him for what he did when I took the bate. Daya wouldn't do that to me, I should've known. Honestly it's kind of funny, that guy tried to be like those characters on TV shows scheming and shit, but he messed with my relationship and for what I can't understand. Navia I get it, she doesn't like Daya, but Lucas he's supposed to be my friend It doesn't make sense.

Still as Sofia folds her clothes in the sloppiest manner possible I check his text. For a second I think it's gonna be him telling me about Ella and how I didn't unblock her or paint her shoes, but what he's talking about is completely different.

Lucas: Dude, I'm ok with the silent treatment, I get the message. But I think you need to make things right with Daya, not that you have to listen to me or anything. We should talk sometime and shit, you know when you're ready.

That has to be the longest text Lucas has sent me next to the text about Ella and her shoes. Seriously I don't even think Lucas has said this much to me, we're both people of not many words. I put my phone back in my pocket and continue packing with Sofia who is always happy which makes me somewhat less sad. Not that I'm sad.

"Were you texting Daya?" she asks with a grin.

Oh I forget to tell her about that, it's like she knows something happened yet she couldn't possibly know with that smile on her face.

"Nah Sof," I say.

Sofia picks up two shirts and holds them up. "Which one is better the one with the palm tree or the flower?" she asks. Both shirts look pretty much the same to me.

"Both are cool." Hearing that she quickly folds both of the shirts and puts them in her Hello Kity suitcase. She zips it and hands the suitcase that has way too many clothes for one weekend over to me. Without looking or picking up some of Sofia's clothes on the floor we begin to walk out of her room, but Sofia stops me as I take her suitcase off of her hands.

"Yeah Sof."

"I want to be the flower girl when you and Daya got married," she says.

"Okay, Sof," is all I say.

After leaving Angela's place I drive home and see that Daya has finally responded to my text about swinging by to pick up my hoodie which I really don't want to do. It's just an excuse to see her, but I wouldn't admit that though.

Daya: Yeah I'm at Harper's but I have it. I probably shouldn't say this, but I miss you.

Me: Same here.

It's time to make things right.

Daya's POV

It's a little after 4, and the sky is a plain blue while the sun burns outside. I sit next to Harper on her bed as she streams Sex and the City from season one. It's just us. no Navia, and it feels like we're 13 again, except this time we don't have to have the volume super low in fear of Harper's mom coming in. Because of the heat I'm actually wearing my biker shorts with a graphic tee while Harper is wearing velvet shorts and a tank top. I just told Harper everything that happened like I did with Alyssa and Caylee and now she's being more of a friend to me than she has been all summer. Speaking of Harper's mom Michelle is downstairs drinking tea and practicing yoga in a leggings and sports bra set that makes her look 20 maybe 29.