Call Mona

Ziyah's POV

"Why are we here?" Sofia asks the second we walk into the tall building.

"We're visiting Bree," Angela says holding her closer.

Sofia nods, but she still doesn't seem all the way satisfied with the answer. If she wanted the truth, I would be more than happy to tell her we just walked into Sunwater Springs which is Bree's new home also known as the place where she will hopefully learn how to treat her liver right. I'm going to miss having Bree at home, but I'm not going to miss her drug abuse and mom asking me where she was last night.

"Hi welcome to Sun Water Springs , how may I help you all," a woman at the front desk asks the minute we walk into the lobby that looks more like a hotel rather than a place for rehabilitation.

My mom who has been walking between me and Angela and Sofia smiles at her like she isn't about to see her daughter for the first time in about a week. The second she got back from her business trip she came home to me smiling off my ass because of Daya and Bree's clean room where the Sun Water pamphlets were still on her dresser. She didn't cry or show an ounce of sadness and instead she spent the night asking me about my life while we watched Reba.

"Hi I'm here to visit my daughter Bree Daniels she checked in two weeks ago, she's 20 years old, tall very tall and probably came wearing her hair in a-"

The woman types something in her computer stopping my mom from describing Bree some more. "Yes Bree Daniels, " she confirms. She moves from behind the desk and leads us out of the lobby down a hallway with a good number of doors. Surprisingly we past the hallways and enter a large room with a few tables and a great view of outside.

As the woman who has been spewing facts about all the great services the place offers I see my mom fiddle with the beads that are around her neck as Angela seems to get an even tighter grip on Sofia's hand. We walk side by side and without looking I grab her hand, to be honest I'm not sure why. Bree's in rehab, she's fine now, everything is fine now.

Finally we reach an outdoor area and the first thing I see is Bree sitting at a table fiddling with a rubix cube. She's the only one outside and for some fucking reason the woman who thinks she's some tour guide treats Bree like she's some animal at the zoo.

"And here Bree is, she's been doing really well and occupying herself with activities, she isn't that good at opening up, but we suspect all she needs is some time." The woman whose tag I notice says Shay lets out a sigh while still standing in the same place in front of us only 4 feet away from Bree.

"Are Y'all just going to stand there? Like I may like snorting crack, but I can still see," Bree shouts and Shay leaves us to bask in that nice welcome. Yeah she may be sober, but she hasn't changed.

Sofia is the first to greet her when she runs up to her shouting, "Bree, Bree, why are you living in this house, did you get lost again? Mommy says that happens."

We hug Bree and mom seems to try to squeeze the bad attitude out of her while we just do our usual side hug. We talk although it seems that that is the last thing she wants to do and she would prefer playing with the rubix cube that doesn't seem close to being complete. After mom asks are little sober companion if she made any friends and Bree responds with insults about all of her crack head roommates mom, Angela, and Sofia go to the bathroom leaving me face to face with Bree.

"Uhh I saw da- I mean I saw you know who again,and I think I got closure" I say. You dumb ass you're not supposed to be telling someone who is recently sober anything interesting. She's probably going to be sniffing cleaning supplies the second we leave.

She stares at me for a good moment then looks up at the sky. "Finally someone who doesn't ask me if I like the flowers, a nigga can't even read a magazine in this place without some counselor saying it's triggering. I can't even wear tennis shoes and I don't blame them." She shakes her head and props one of her slippers on the table.