Eggs

Daya's POV

Ziyah's arms are so peaceful to sleep in, and his extra soft blanket makes me forget about everything that happened with my mom and snuggle more into his arms that are wrapped around me. I didn't expect myself to ask him to stay or agree to sleepover, but I'm glad I did because sleeping in the same bed as Ziyah is indescribable.  He doesn't snore, drool, or do all of the other sleep informalities I was scared of making this arrangement even better.

Even though I'm in a t shirt and jeans being this close to Ziyah makes me feel as if I'm in some romantic comedy or a marriage that hasn't spoiled. Sharing a bunk bed with Dani where my stuff drops on her bed isn't that bad, but I've been missing out on Ziyah's touch and how his arm eases my thoughts. My eyes flutter open to see my phone buzzing out of control on Ziyah's nightstand. Now everyone wants to answer my calls once I'm having the best sleep in forever, I think to myself and pick up my phone that shines the brightest light. The bright light that burns my tired eyes. Fortunately as I stay in Ziyah's hold none of the text are from anyone who can punish me for running away to Ziyah's, and they're all from Vince.

The text are from 15 minutes ago, and each one is one minute apart.

Why would mom do that?

Sorry I'm with Vicki.

Dad didn't respond, damn don't worry I got you.

The last text which is from 5 minutes ago makes me sit up and Ziyah stir in his sleep in the cutest way. Thanks for having location sharing on, I'm giving you 10 minutes, while I go to Denny's, this is why dad needs to get us keys by the way. Ziyah stirs some more, and his eyes open to look at me as I type.

"What's up?" he asks in a slightly raspy voice stroking his dreads.

"Vince is picking me up now," I whisper. I can't sense if disappointment is coming over Ziyah or just plain sleepiness, but he still looks adorable with some of his dreads going in different directions.

"I'll walk you downstairs," he says but he's already done so much for me.

"No you back to sleep, I'll text you in the morning," I say and lay one of his dreads down.

"You su-" he begins.

"Yes I'm sure Ziyah," I say and we both smirk before he brings me in for one last kiss. I gather my shoes, and head out of his room, and down the hallway. I slowly walk trying not to make a noise, but stop when I hear Sofia's voice. I take a step back and peek into her room where she's in the same position sound asleep, but with her mouth moving.

"Daddy, no, come back, Daddy please," she whines and turns on her side. I go back to the doorway of Ziyah's room with the intention of telling, but he's back to being sound asleep with his mouth slightly open. Adorable. 

I hear a honk and  I quickly go downstairs and out of Ziyah's house to see Vince and Vicki sitting in her jeep comanche. Vince doesn't look frustrated, and instead him and Vicki are both shoving scrambled eggs into their mouths. They're both in hoodies and pajama pants, and to really show off how late it is Vicki has a cheetah print headscarf while Vince is sporting his afro pick in his curls.

"There she is," Vince shouts with eggs still in his mouth. I hop into the backseat and Vince turns around to look at me. "You hungry?We got eggs and that's pretty much it," he says showing me the different egg plates.

"I'm good," I say even though the oatmeal I had not too long ago has pretty much digested. Vince shrugs and takes a good ole bite before starting the car.

"So how was your night?" I ask. This is mostly out of confusion as I don't get why Vince isn't screaming at me for coming out of my boyfriend's house at this time of night.