Over Seasoned

Daya's POV

We just finished dinner which was the chicken and rice Ziyah helped with and now, Dani and my dad are talking about her phone habits and her brand new attitude in the kitchen while Ziyah helps me move all of my books from my room into the bookshelf that for some reason is going to be in Sawyer's nursery also known as the place for the one person who can't read. Overall the mood of the household is quite calm probably because Vince isn't here and hanging out with that player who is always there. 

"Shit there is still more, how much do you read?" Ziyah asks as I come into the  nursery with a pile of books in my hands. 

"Too much," is the only answer I can come up with. 

"I guess that explains why you're so fucking smart," Ziyah says. He takes the books from my hands and neatly lines them up in the bookcase. 

Ziyah and I exchange a devious look and I don't know if he know this, but the way he's gazing at me is sexy as hell. I hope he can say the same thing about me, but I'm awkward when it comes to speaking with my eyes or general human communication. 

I bring more books that I read in middle school back from my room and into the nursery and as I watch Ziyah put them in the case a question pops into my mind. "So I never really got to ask you,but what do you think of my dad?" I didn't really ask him last year when they met before we went to the park. 

 The question came to my mind when I got back from my walk with Sawyer and saw them laughing over something in the kitchen. It was a cool thing to see especially since my mom would probably frown so hard upon it. When the word dad leaves my lips I instantly feel the need to say sorry, but I remember Ziyah doesn't want me saying that shit so  I try to let he feeling pass by. 

Ziyah puts my Great Expectations novel down in the case and stares directly at me. "Your dad is cool, he's chill." I would never use those words to describe a man who has yelling sessions with the TV every Sunday, but the words don't phase me because I know these are some of Ziyah's go to words and they mean way more than their initial definitions. Also I guess my dad is pretty chill considering he lets his oldest daughter spend a good amount of time with her boyfriend. 

I resist the urge to cross my arms because as I want to I know that it won't help the situation which isn't really a situation and instead me being mad at Ziysh's overused chill words. I love him, and I want to hear everything he has to say not limpid brief summaries. He's getting better though when we first started talking I was doing most of the talking which was not a lot to begin with. 

"So you like him?" I ask adjusting some of the books. 

Ziyah puts one of my passion twist behind my ear. "Shit I mean I'm not going to take him out to dinner, but I respect him." I guess that might be even better than liking him. Ziyah puts the old flimsy book he was about to set up with the rest of them down, and gets closer to me. Gosh I love when he gets closer to me. "You're dad is pretty fucking amazing, I mean how could I not feel some sort of way towards him, when he's one of the reasons I have you."

"Awe Zi." 

"Don't awe I was just pulling that out of my brain," he says. There he goes playing with me again. 

"Really," I say. 

" Really," he repeats. 

I just shake my head and Ziyah gives me three kisses which I want to last forever. "When are you going to wipe those damn glasses," he says when we stop kissing. He takes my glasses off of my face, and pulls what looks like the same black cloth he used last year out of the pockets of his pants. I find it funny he still carries that around considering he only wears reading glasses, and since it's summer they're on his dresser in a red leather glasses case.