Word

A little after Daya left Vicki's

Third person

Vicki and Jada sit with their legs wide open against the back of Vicki's couch. Vicki's head unbeknownst to her is propped on Jada's shoulder who doesn't care because her head is cocked upwards as she stares at the ceiling. Both of their minds are in a whole other place and their eyes are on the verge of turning red.

After a moment of pure silence excluding the sounds outside Vicki's loft, Jada while still being on another far away planet comes back to life, but keeps her eyes on the ceiling. "Vicki?" she says her voice barely audible. Vicki slowly rises from Jada's side and moves some curls out of her face. Usually her long thick curls were tight and slick, but today they looked like some white girl had taken her brush and had a good old time.

"Yes Jada," Vicki says in the same low tone as Jada.

"What happened? Why does my tongue feel weird?" With these words Jada touched her tongue and scrunched her brows as to her it felt like a cloud or slime.

The pair might of been right next to each other, but Vicki really didn't hear Jada's words, and just the sound of her weak voice. "My head hurts," she says sounding like a child whining to their parents.

"Same girl," Jada says. Not knowing if she actually said the words she wanted to Jada repeats. "Same girl."

Making Vicki's head produce a terrible pain her phone rings. It's just right next to her sitting on the floor where she put it last, but it takes her and not much help from Jada 5 minutes to find it. Lucky for her and whoever is calling her she catches them right when they call her again. Vicki doesn't know exactly who she's calling as she doesn't bother taking a close look at the contact, and just puts her phone to her ear.

"Hello?" she says. As if they couldn't get any closer Jada leans in now on Vicki's shoulder as their hot breath hits each one of their faces.

Vicki and Jada's friend from school Sarah's voice booms into the phone even though she's talking in her normal inside voice. Sarah was one of the wild girls in high school always smoking, partying, and getting her and other people into trouble. For them high school ended a few months ago, but Sarah still hasn't stopped her ways. "Vicki I'm so sorry girl I messed up," Sarah says before even saying a hello or how are you.

Vicki scratches the top of her head. "For what?" She slowly is getting her ability to listen and respond to questions back after it was gone for a long while.

Sarah on the other end lets out a sigh glad that Vicki has no idea what she's talking about. Still she feels the need to set the record straight. "Wait you have no idea what happened?"

Vicki shakes her head making it hurt a little more. "No tell me, did you give us a sickness? Is that why the room is spinning, but not spinning."

Sarah lays back on her bed in which at the moment she is sharing with some random guy she picked up and a had a good time with on the streets of Melrose. "I gave you guys something, but it wasn't a sickness," she says.

Vicki and Jada exchange looks before the sound of Sarah hanging up makes her ears ring. "Oh shit I remember what happened now Jada," Vicki says.

Jada looks at her blankly. "Word?" She on the other hand had no recollection of anything that happened over the last hours. All that flashes through her mind are images of Daya complaining about something and her and Vicki soothing her pain while being by the refrigerator.

Vicki nods, "Word," she confirms.

Some hours ago...

Vicki sits on her couch just seconds after her mother left texting Vince. He was telling her about how his mom couldn't get out of bed, and Vicki being the good and soothing girlfriend she was was comforting him. The texts didn't last long as Vince had to get ready for training even though he would rather spend a whole hour talking to Vicki. After saying I love you which they just started telling each other Vicki went into her room and looked through her large closet where she tried to decide what she would wear for the day. She didn't have much to do today which would soon change considering she's about to start college.