Chapter 5

Narrator

Todoroki had already been walking away from Bakugou, not even reaching his house.

'Keep walking. Don't look back.' That's what he keeps telling himself for the past half an hour, but what felt like eternity. He doesn't even know where he's going anymore. At this rate, he's lost in the streets with cars.

He then stopped. It was at the side walk, with a streetlight to keep him company, away from the dark.

Cars swoop by one by one, leaving gas smoke to pollute the air.

He wondered why he stopped, even though he kept reminding himself not to.

He felt lost. He didn't know what to do. He wanted someone to help him, but he would feel like a burden.

He couldn't find any help. He didn't need help, but he wanted help. He just want to know how he feels.

'I'm going insane... I can't sort this feeling out. I thought I had moved on. I just left him there... I don't care anymore. I just want to stay away from him.' That's a total lie.

Todoroki wants to stay close to him, not wanting to let go. He didn't "did not care" anymore. He just cared about being with Bakugou.

No matter how much he has been convincing himself that Bakugou doesn't exist and won't need him, his mind tells other wise. Memories of the comforts he received when he cried, or when he felt in pain.

He wanted to hear that soothing voice again. He wanted that warmth again. Those kisses that were left by the ash blonde, he wanted to feel them again.

'But those days are over. He ended it, and it will stay like this.'

He then saw no vehicles driving in the area, and was about to cross the other side, until a hand grabbed his right wrist.

"...Shoto."

No, he didn't want to hear it anymore. He just want to get away.

"... I'll scream for help if you don't let go."

Bakugou scoffed and pulled him close, this time, not struggling.

"Then go ahead, but that still won't stop me for reaching out to you."

Todoroki didn't seem faze by those words, but somewhere in his heart was feeling grateful to hear those.

No, he refuse to feel those anymore. He doesn't want to surrender to those words.

Why does he sound so confident? After all that he's done, and everything he could have definitely felt? Why does he insist!?

"Why come after me? It's over."

Bakugou shook his head.

"It isn't. That's why I come."

Todoroki wasn't satisfied with the answer, as he raged on.

"What is wrong with you!? You ended it this way, and it will stay this way! I don't care with how you wanted it with me!"

"I care about you still, and I will do it however I can with my way!"

Todoroki just felt irritated, yet he felt relief to hear that he care. It wasn't long before he dismissed it.

"Your way? Hah! Then do me a favour and leave me alone!"

"No can do either. No matter what you say, I won't leave."

He had enough of his sugarcoated words, and tried to yank his hand.

The grip was definitely strong, so it was difficult to pry of his hands.

"Let go, idiot!"

"No, please listen! I know you are frustrated with how much I insist, but I'm still willing to take responsibility! Not just for me, but for us!"

Todoroki then stopped trying, and his hand fell limp.

"Responsibility? Please Bakugou, you could have take responsibility long time ago..." Though he himself also felt remorseful about his actions.

Bakugou sighed out heavily. "I know I should, but I can't fix it alone... that's why I need you."

Tears then brimmed in Todoroki's mismatched eyes, as he tried and stare into Bakugou's red ones.

"And you hated me... Never want to see me again."

Bakugou was taken aback at this statement, but then tried and wiped Todoroki's tears.

"I never did... I always wanted to see you."

Todoroki himself thought it was a dream, but he was already convinced, with all the words of what Bakugou said in their argument, he believed them, so he swat the hand away, and yanked his other one to himself. He then face his back to Bakugou as he was about to run off.

"Liar!"

"Wait, Shoto!"

He ran to the road, blocking out Bakugou's calls, not aware a moving vehicle was going to crash into him.

With a few inches away, he then noticed, and thought this was going to be the end of him.

He simply closed his eyes, and waited for the impact. Ironically, he thought, 'I'm going to die. Maybe I can get a better life, where I can live in peace, where I can have a better family, or a better relationship.'

How nostalgic. This was his thought of how he'd be like the usual when his father beats him up. When Bakugou helped him.

He was ready to die. He was waiting for his worthless life to end.
.
.
.
.
But the impact never came.

He opened his eyes to find himself on the side road, face planted and with no sustained injuries.

He was confused. He was certain he's going to die. What happened?

He was then afraid to look back. He couldn't possibly know who saved him if he didn't though.

Once he slowly did, he saw a scene he wished he never witness.

Ash blonde with blood splattered on the road, arms and legs twisted at an odd angle. Face smeared on the road.

Todoroki couldn't stand the sight. He was afraid. He was about to throw up. He couldn't move at all. He was sitting at the sidewalk, eyes about to pop out of his sockets, not blinking and horrified.

The driver tried to calm him down, as he stated he already called an ambulance. Todoroki himself didn't know he was hyperventilating.

He sobbed loudly at the sight of the person who he truly cared about. He thought he can dismiss all feelings, but he was wrong.

"Katsuki!!"

(Jacy: So... I had an idea regarding the picture for this fanfic, but I'll probably do it after doing this. So it's coming to an end soon, but hope you enjoy it. Bye...)