Chapter 6

Narrator

The sirens of the ambulance was heard, and Todoroki finally came to his senses after his tantrum.

After just witnessing Bakugou's sacrifice for him, they took the injured body to the hospital.

Todoroki insisted on coming, knowing he had to. At first, they didn't let him, until they gave up convincing him in his emotional state.

He cried all the way there, as he never let go of Bakugou's hand. Wires and tubes were inserted and injected in his vials.

It hurt Todoroki to see this, thinking over and over again he doesn't deserve to be saved.

Why did he follow Bakugou again? Didn't he already made up his mind that he will ignore all what he's going to do? He should have just left.

Ah, alas, his emotions just prevent that from happening. He just wanted to run away from what he feared, and this is where it takes him. All what he bottles up, has come lose.

They reached, and the nurses told him to wait at the waiting room.

He sat there, worried sick. He shouldn't be, if he really didn't care.

'Screw it. I'm talking to him later.' He's just afraid to do it. He decided he won't back down and won't pretend again.

He won't make himself feel anymore disappointments and let downs.

---------------------------------------------------

After what felt like days, though just merely a few hours, a few others have came for company. Midoriya came first and tried his best to calm his two toned hair friend, then followed by Iida. After that, Kirishima. They all were aware of the situation because of Todoroki's call. Then, finally a nurse told them to come in.

They walked in, anxiously as they were scared of what will they hear from the doctor.

The first thing Todoroki's eyes landed on was tons and tones of wires and tubes all around Bakugou. He was terrified at what news will the doctor say regarding this situation. It wasn't long before the others' eyes landed on him either. Their shock faded to their emotions.

The doctor then came with a cold expression and dull eyes. He doesn't seem even the least sympathetic.

The broccoli of the group asked first, in a worried tone. "Is Kacchan going to be okay?"

"If you mean Katsuki Bakugou, forget it. I'm afraid he wouldn't be able to make it. We tried everything we could."

The doctor doesn't even seemed faze with their surprised looks, and talked as if nothing happened. He wasn't concern at all.

"He was sustained with 4 broken ribs, arms and legs twisted at a fairly odd angle, and had a great amount of blood loss. He's only alive now because of the IV, and surgery we provided. At least, this is your only hope to save his excuse of an ass."

Everyone in the group didn't seemed happy with the news, or the doctor's attitude. How can he just talk as if this isn't a serious issue?

The silence was deafening besides the heart monitor beating, that's the only reassurance Bakugou is alive.

"Sir, I wouldn't really know on how you treat your other patients, but if you have told the visitors the same way how you displayed your attitude, then I don't think we can consider you as a doctor." Iida broke that with a tone so serious, he's basically furious than ever.

The doctor just scoffed as he walked away from the crowd.

"Call me whatever you want. I'll just do my job. Besides, there wouldn't be any point on how the patient is treated anyway."