I Got so Drunk That

Christian adjusts his collar and runs his hands down his already wrinkle-free shirt while looking at himself in the mirror. He rubs the clean-shaven face and runs his hands through his hair that is getting long after weeks of play in Arizona. He checks his phone; Baker should be here soon. As if on que someone knocks on the door of his suite.

"Yeah hold on!" Christian yells and jogs over to the door to let Baker in.

Baker steps in giving Christian a bro hug before taking a look at him the judgement clear on his face, "Bro, what the fuck are you wearing?"

Christian throws his hands up in surrender, "What do you mean? We're going to Rooftop isn't like a high-end club?"

Baker shakes his head, "Did you not get my text? This year it's a pool party at the Waldorf. Kat just got there."

Christian's ears perk up at the sound of Kat's name like a dog, "What else did she say? Did she say whose doing music?"

Baker gives Christian a knowing look as he pulls his phone out, "She said and I quote 'pool party at the Waldorf, wear clothes you want wet, Winkey face. I just got here with Tara and Holland and the Chainsmokers are DJing, but someone said Drake is here."

Christian changes into board shorts and a Hawaiian shirt to match Baker but keeps his Converse on. He turns in a circle to show off his fit, "Better?"

"Yes, now let's go." Baker nods in approval and the pair head out. A blacked-out Escalade idles by the front of the hotel and they slide into the back.

Baker pulls out his phone to text Kat that they're on the way and then starts up a conversation with the driver. Christian stays silent and scrolls through Instagram, something he hardly ever does. On a random act of curiosity, he searches, 'Kat Bledsoe'. He doesn't even get past typing 'K' and her profile pops up with 250 mutual followers. He notices that her profile name is 'KCa$h' and he laughs to himself at how fitting that is and then continues to scroll through her blue-checked profile. Pictures of her Sports Illustrated shoot are at the top and then there are a few photos of her playing beach volleyball, pictures of her and Baker working out, ads for her promotions for Nike and Off-White, and hidden somewhere in there is one photo of her with Klay Thompson.

Christian clicks on the photo and in a bigger view he can see Kat at a Golden State Warriors game where she is sitting courtside in a traditional jersey. She is smiling her blinding smile and is all glammed up in a way he's never seen with her expensive sneakers and false eyelashes on. Her black her is straight and laid neatly as she extends her arm to shake hands with Klay Thompson who is also smiling. The caption reads, 'You got twenty-four seconds and it's starting right now'. Christian rolls his eyes but hits the follow button anyway.

The car comes to a slow stop and they slide out. Baker follows the directions on his phone to the Waldorf pool. The hotel is completely empty, but music can be heard from the front entrance.

Christian is pressed about something that was brought to his attention earlier and decides to address it before he's faced with Kat, "Bro, are you fucking Kat?" He asks Baker who stops suddenly.

"No. Definitely not. We've been friends for two years and that has never crossed either of out minds." Baker defends.

"Okay I just wanted to check because I say you guys dancing at the games." Christian shrugs trying not to meet Baker's eyes.

Baker laughs, "I guess I'll warn you now. Kat is friendly and flirty and loves to dance. If she asks dance with her because it is the most fun, you will ever have. Just do it and move past whatever it makes you feel. Watch out for her friends they're trying to get you in trouble and always keep in mind Kat is not fazed by anything and ALWAYS has someone more important than you hitting her line." Baker instructs with such tone and stress that Christian actually listens.