A King Size Bed Big Enough for 2

Kat takes a few practice swings that Holland sets for her. She makes sure to swing pretty hard to remind her former teammates that she's still the best player in the gym. The girls from University of Oklahoma keep a constant glare on their faces and watch Kat making sure she knows how much they hate her for leaving the school for Wisconsin. Kat does her best to tune it out, but it is hard with all the things running through her head. Like that this is her first volleyball game in eight months, she's playing all her former best friends, there's several thousand people here to see, and Christian is no where to be seen.

Coach Sheffield calls the team back to the line to finish stretches while OU takes the court to hit. Kat jogs in place for a few minutes and then does stretches to open her hips and stretch her hamstrings. Out of the corner of her eye as she jumps sideways she sees a very familiar dark head enter the gym and head to the seats on the side of the court. Kat had made sure Christian would be sitting front and center to watch her work.

He looked cute in green pants and a black shirt. Kat smiles to herself not caring to hide how happy sure is that Christian is here. After their conversation last week she really feels like she's known him, but even that is weird because since they met she's felt like she's known him her whole life.

Kat slyly stretches her way over to the court side seats and does a lunge and twist in front of Christian.

Christian puts his legs out and tries to push Kat over while in the lunge, but she is too strong and pushes back, "Oh sorry, didn't see you there." Christian jokes as Kat goes into a deep side lunge to hide the fact that she's actually here to talk to him.

"Right, I know I'm pretty invisible." Kat jokes back causing a smile to cross Christian's face.

"How are you feeling?" Christian asks noticing a look of stress all over her face and throughout her body.

Kat lets out a sigh and stretches up, "Like I need to get this game over with. I'm tired of this fake beef the media has created for us and I just want to have fun and play some ball."

Christian nods understanding what she's going through, "You'll be fine just stay focused on having fun." He offers as encouragement not really knowing how best to talk to her and wanting to make sure he doesn't make her mad again. Especially when she's already stressed out.

Kat smiles at Christian, "Thanks that's a good reminder."

Christian stands and gives her a quick hug and an encouraging smile before Kat jogs back to her team. She gets into the center of the circle and begins hyping her fellow teammates up. Christian smiles seeing the stress melt away as her friends surround her. It is clear that Kat is the heart and soul of this team.

They stand for the National Anthem and then the intro the starting line up. Kat's name is called along with many of her accomplishments and a hype video of her being an amazing volleyball player plays on the overhead. She jogs over hugs her coach and then goes to shake the OU coach's hand, but she refuses to acknowledge Kat. Kat scowls and says a few words to the OU coach that Christian knows were not kind. She heads back to the service line and waits for the game to start.

OU serves to Wisconsin and the ball is set up perfectly for Kat to approach hard and fast, jumping full height over the double block OU has put up and slam the ball right in front of the ten foot line like it was one of the easiest things she's ever done.

Kat flips the other team off.

"Yellow card! Number seven!" The game official calls out.

Kat nods knowing she deserved that. Christian knows that some are worried she's gonna have a bad attitude all night, but he knows she just had to get that little shade out and she would be fine for the rest of the game.