Natty

December 21, 2019 NCAA NATIONAL VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

"The University of Wisconsin Badgers have managed to handily take down every opponent that has been placed against them including the number one seat Baylor. They are now warming up for the final game against power house, Stanford," The ESPN announcer says into his microphone.

"Greg, I have to say this has been one of the most anticipated games I have ever covered in college volleyball. Let me tell you between to the two heavy hitters in Kathryn Plumber for Stanford and Kat Bledsoe for Wisconsin we are going to have a great game today," The other announcer comments.

"Adrian, I'm gonna agree with you on this one, but I really think Wisconsin is going to take down Stanford. Bledsoe has been putting up so amazing numbers and has been playing better than she has all season. In the game against Baylor just last week she made a statement with 21 kills, 4 aces, and 56 digs and had 0 error. This is almost unheard of. Also, between teammates Holland and Tara this team as talent across the whole bored," Greg says while reading stats off a list.

"Well, it's a packed house tonight with some of of our favorite professional athletes in the building supporting these hard working young women. We see Karl Anthony Towns, Devin Booker, Trae Young, MPJ, Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry and LeBron James and family from the NBA. Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Odell Beckham Jr and Jared Goff representing the NFL. And sitting courtside we have MLB players: Ryan Braun, Cody Bellinger, Josh Rojas, Baez, Aaron Judge and of course Christian Yelich who is Kat's boyfriend and clearly her biggest fan down there in the Wisconsin shirt," Adrian says pointing out the huge names that have come out to support.

"We'll be back after this break to the continued coverage of the NCAA division one volleyball national championship."

...

Kat jogs up and down the court to keep herself warm as she waits for the coin toss and her first confrontation with Kathryn Plumber since the meme of her wearing the infinity Gauntlet like Thanos from the Avengers, but instead of stones there was the logos of each of the schools that Wisconsin beat with the caption: I am inevitable went viral on all platforms.

Seeing Christian courtside in a Wisconsin shirt brings a smile to her face as he chats with Ryan Braun and Aaron Judge who sit on either side of him also sporting Wisconsin gear.

Sheffield motions Kat and Tara over for the coin toss where they shakes hands with Kathryn and their setter, Jenna Gray.

"Heads," Kat calls and it lands on head, "We'll take first serve."

Kat jumps up and down as she takes the back line to be introduced. She is calmer than she has ever been in her life knowing that while this may be the biggest and most important game of her career this is also the most prepared she has ever been.

The announcers go through the Stanford roster and then it comes to announce Kat the family "eee ooo" creak of Roddy Rich's 'The Box' comes on as Kat two-steps out of the line and starts dancing making sure to Shmurda, throw it up, hit the woah and Kodak to get the crowd hyped. It works as some of the basketball players get out of their seats to yell about her hitting the moves and video tape her for their stories. Kat jogs over and shakes the Stanford coach's hand before standing inferno of her crowd right and throws her hands up getting a huge yell from them before stripping off her jacket and taking the court in position four: starting outside.

Kat looks over from her bent over position and makes eye contact with Christian who offers her a thumbs up, which she returns and smiles before turning back to focus.

...

"Set one went 22-25 to Stanford who barely managed to win that set and only did due to the service errors from Wisconsin. Set two went 25-17 to Wisconsin who did not hold back from swinging hard and showing their trick plays. Set three also went 25-17 to Wisconsin on a very exciting last point from Bledsoe who dove over the bench to save a ball. So here we are in set four with Wisconsin up one on Stanford," Greg announces.