Until I Bleed Out

Baker barges into the hotel room and is greeted by the scents of beer, hard liquor and weed. He crinkles his nose in disgust seeing how trashed the hotel room got after just one night. Aaron Judge is snoring on the coach with a Cheeto stuck to his forehead.

Baker shakes the large baseball player awake and Aaron lurches awake very confused, "Where's Kat?" He demands. The groggy man points towards the suite's bedroom and rubs his eyes, "Thanks now you're a dope ball player and I respect the fuck outta you, but get the fuck out."

"I didn't fuck her man swear," Aaron defends himself.

Baker frowns, "I didn't ask."

"She said her and Yelich are still together, but not talking so I swear I didn't try anything," Aaron continues to plea to Baker.

"Still didn't ask, get out," Baker snaps.

Aaron Judge nods knowing that Kat Bledsoe is about to have a rude awakening for her night out in New York last night after her weeks if binging in Los Angeles nightclubs and leaves the room in a hurry.

Baker opens the door to the suite and finds Kat passed out on top of the sheets in a pool of Hennessy due to the open bottle that she probably fell asleep drinking. Makeup is smeared across her face both from a long night and from tears that have been putting her to sleep for weeks now. A burnt out blunt and a preroll is on the table next to her. Baker shakes his head, it was worse than he thought. Baker goes into the bathroom and turns on the shower. He comes back into the bedroom and scoops Kat up taking her to the bathroom.

Kat wakes up, "Baker what the fuck are you doing here?" She asks her voice raspy. She stinks of a bar like alcohol, cigarettes, and weed.

"Intervention," He grunts and throws her into the cold shower clothes on and all. He stands in front of the glass shower door so Kat can jump out.

"What the fuck!" Kat screams as she is drenched in cold water, "I'm gonna fucking knock your ass out. FUCK! What the fuck Baker!?"

"You sober enough to have a conversation with me now?"

"Sober enough to want to kill you," She yells.

Baker rolls his eyes, "You do realize that in one night in New York you managed to twerk on stage with Meek Mill and Meg the Stallion in MSG, get caught on camera holding a blunt, and also get into a fist fight with Kendall Jenner."

"Okay, but for the record she started it I just ended it," Kat says from the shower.

Baker steps away from the swinging glass door and Kat comes tumbling out soaking wet she stands quickly but struggles still drunk. She takes one step toward Baker swinging and he grabs her wrist easily, "Nice try, now change so we can talk."

Kat shakes her head a Baker and stomps into her room to change. Baker follows but gives her privacy, "What do you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about how in three weeks you have managed to completely go off the deep end again and out of nowhere for really no reason might I add. How you have gone back to your old party girl ways, have missed all three calls to practice for USA national team tryouts, and have your boyfriend freaking out that you won't talk to him," Baker lists off.

"I'm not off the deep end-"

"You've spend every night for the last three weeks drunk off your ass and smoking so much weed your DT would light up a Christmas tree no matter how many packs of certo you take. This is just like when I met you." Baker snaps at her.

"Okay, think what you want, but I'm not in my old party girls ways," Kat defends.

Baker shakes his head, "You are though this is exactly how you acted when we first met at OU; drunk all the time, partying every night and making bad choices! I was introduced to you because a guy on my football team said he thought you were an easy target. Do you not remember that I took you home night after night so none of those assholes at OU did anything to you."

"Whatever, I don't give a fuck right now-"

"What the fuck happened in Arizona?" Baker asks cutting her off not wanting to hear her bullshit anymore.

Kat shrugs, "we got into a fight."

"Details now, its not as simple as that." Baker comments.

Kat throws her hands up, "he signed the contract without talking to me about it and then told me I had to stop smoking to be with him."

"You realize that there are very logical explanations for all of this and that you're completely overacting right?" Baker says to his friend.

"There is not-"

"Man Kat shut the fuck up you're only putting on this show because it got too serious for you. You ran away from the best thing that ever happened to you because you were gonna have to grow the fuck up for once and make a change to your life. I don't know how I can love your selfish ass as much as I do," Baker snarls and adds, "And I sure as hell don't know why Christian is so torn up over you."

Kat's face drops hearing Christian's name, "He was just out partying with you last weekend so I'd say he isn't that torn up."

"Damn I wanna knock your ass out right now," Baker mumbles, "Look, he was being a recluse in Phoenix wouldn't come out was droopy at his games that was the only way I was gonna get him to talk and you know what he said!? That despite everything you've done and said to him he still loves you and doesn't want to lose you. AND he's sorry for upsetting YOU." Baker pokes Kat's chest for added effect.

Kat rolls her eyes, "maybe he should have thought about that before he started accusing me of shit."

Baker clenches his fists remembering how good Kat is at pissing people off, "Look, every point he made was valid," Baker picks up the blunt and sack of weed and stomps to flush it down the toilet despite Kat's protests, "The weed has to stop there is no place for this bullshit in the professional world no matter how many athletes think there is and its bad for you. You especially; you're lethargic, distant and just plain mean when you smoke. No wants to be around you, you waste your money and you're on some other world. So its done its all over and I will take your ass to rehab if you can't get a fucking grip!"

Baker continues his rant, "And he had two options on contracts a big pay out with Baltimore that has no flexibility or a slightly smaller pay day with the Brewer where he can do whatever the fuck he wants because they worship him there. So, think about that before you try and make this about you. I swear to god if you don't get it together I'm gonna end my friendship with Christian because I feel so bad for introducing him to you because you're being such a shitty person right now. And it makes it ten times worse that he fucking loves you and you're using that to your advantage."

Kat shakes her head, but has nothing to say because all things that Baker said are the same things that Cody and so many other had been saying for weeks. She really did need to grow up and leave her bad habits in the past.

"Just leave me the fuck alone then if you think I'm so awful and mean," Kat sighs as the tears start.

Baker pulls her into a hug, "I'm not letting y'all break up this easy I worked too hard to get y'all together. So, the only thing keeping Christian sane right now is a conversation he had with Cody Bellinger about y'alls little smoke session where Cody figured out how much you love Christian so all I'm asking you to do is to text him, come to opening day to talk to him, fix your fuck up and go to a fucking USA tryout so you can go to the damn Olympics."

Kat sits back onto the bed to search for her phone and text Christian, "I think I can do that."

"Good, now get packed our flight leaves in three hours," Baker informs her.