A Warm Wisconsin Welcome

It was a very typical day for a summer in Milwaukee. The sun was shining and a very subtle breeze coursed through the field as Christian fielded a few ground balls during warm-up. He leaned back in a stretch and reach high to the sky to loosen his jersey from his pants allowing for more flexibility.

July 3, 2019. The last day of what will become a key series for the Brewers in their push for a playoff. After splitting the two games with the Cubs Christian knows how crucial today's win will be. No distractions. He knows how important his focus will be today. They game could come down to a hit or even one caught fly ball.

He jogs in the the dugout as the stadium starts filling up with fans.

"Yeli!" A voice off to the left yells.

Christian looks over and sees two kids waving signs and baseballs around trying to catch his attention. He smiles and strides over. Signing their baseballs and posing for a pictures. He shakes hands with the parents before going to take his practice swings...

The stadium is exceptionally full for the day before the 4th, but Christian didn't mind at all. More fans the better in his opinion. He puts his glasses top of on the front of his ball cap to hold while he adjusts his glove before taking the field to line up for the opening ceremonies.

A packed house for sure. And a loud house at that one. He smiles seeing all the fans and thinks of how blessed he is to be here with so many people who believe in him and his talent. A thought crosses his mind of a weird Instagram conversation he had this morning. Kat had posted a bible verse on her Instagram story of about overcoming struggles and being strong. He had swiped under offering her support in whatever was bothering her enough to share in public. In response Kat said, "we are so blessed to be healthy". It was strange to him that she mentioned health and wondered what she may be going through at the moment.

As quickly the thought came it left as the announcer welcomed the stadium to the game and started the opening ceremonies.

"To start our game today the ceremonial First Pitch will be thrown by a new citizen of Wisconsin and we are so happy you're here with us today." The announcers' booming voice introduces.

Yas elbows Christian and he looks at his teammate who is smirking at him. Christian furrows his eyebrows as Yas runs over to the plate to catch the pitch.

"Please give a warm Milwaukee welcome to two-time national champion, national female athlete of the year, three time national volleyball player off the year, and runner-up for athlete of the year, Kat Bledsoe the starting outside hitter for the University of Wisconsin, Madison."

Christian smiles and claps along with the stadium while shaking his head a little in disbelief as Kat strides out onto the field waving at the crowd with her brilliant smile covering her lovely face. She looks classy in white Air Force 1's, jeans, and an open Brewer's jersey over a gold crop top. Kat seems to shine in the sun as she takes the mound and over hand throws the ball to Yas.

The pair meet in the middle for a hug and a photo. They share a private conversation and for no reason a touch of jealously waves through Christian, but quickly passes as Kat jogs over to the dugout to take photos and meet a few more players.

Kat takes her place next to Christian as they wait for the National Anthem.

"Hey." Kat whispers out of the side of her mouth bumping her hip to Christian's.

"This is what you meant by seeing me sooner than I thought?" Christian smiles but still faces forward.

Kat smiles and then goes still as the singer belts out the opening lines.

"Are you going to Baker's Fourth thing tomorrow?" Kat asks as they fall out of position in line and hug each other.

"I was thinking about it are you going?" Christian asks Kat.

She laughs, "I'm pretty sure my attendance is required but you should come. It'll be fun plus I know you have a little break so you can't use baseball as an excuse this time."

Christian laughs, "Dang okay. I'll come, but you have to be my date to All Star Game Red Carpet." He counters.

Kat rolls her eyes, "Fine, but I'm denying all dating rumors to the grave."

Christian nods and offers his hand to her and they shake on it, "Looking forward to it."

"Yeah, me too. Good luck today."

"Thanks, appreciate that." Christian smiles and hugs Kat again.

He watches her walk off the field and be escort to seats right by the batter's up-next circle where she shakes the hands of random people and graciously hug a few of her young fans. Kat smiles widely as she takes a photo with a young girl who has a UWM shirt on. Christian smiles seeing how the people love and react to her. He appreciates her kindness and patience and thinks of how he could be more like that throughout his day.

The original impression of a pretentious girl who has only ever been told how amazing she is her entire life is completely erased as he is continuously surprised by this girl that he has met by chance...

Okay, these are all hecka short but I have the flu and I'm delusional. Lemme know what we thinking/ what we want to see.