Fourth Time's the Charm?

Yes... I know this prolly don't add up but its my fic just leave me alone.

The ESPYS had always been Kat's least favorite event. The first time she was invited as she was going into her second year at OU and was beat out for Collegiate Athlete of the Year by her best friend (and date) Baker Mayfield. It was okay with her because he was an amazing athlete and she loved Baker not only because he had been so good to her at OU, but also because he was one of her few genuine friends. As if that wasn't enough she was topped for Athlete of the Year by Ovechkin and only took home Female Athlete of the Year and Breakthrough Athlete.

Then as she prepared to head into her junior year at Wisconsin so fucker named Christian Yelich beat her out for Athlete of the Year and Zion snatched her Collegiate Athlete Award, but she did manage to take home Female Athlete of the Year... She blames her bad luck on her date at the time (Klay Thompson) he was on crutches after his knee surgery and it was just a bad deal. For the record Kat broke up with him that night too and ghosted him the next day.

And on the third year she was invited to come as she headed into her final year of volleyball she was yet again beat for Athlete of the year, but got Collegiate Athlete (finally), Female Athlete, Best Viral Moment, Best Game for her win against Stanford in the NCAA Tournament. She had not be able to attend as she was training for the Olympics and couldn't get to LA to attend.

So here she is with her fourth nomination for Athlete of the Year with not only Christian Yelich as her date, but also one week off of birthing their daughter, Zana. A lot of people had advised her not to attended, but she was so sure after everything she had done in the past year that it was finally her time to accept her award as Athlete of the Year.

"CY, can you try to clip me up..." Kat says from their Malibu house bathroom.

Christian strolls in and his eyebrow shoot up when he sees Kat in her gold dress, "danggg," He draws out the 'g', "Are you sure you had a kid like a week ago?" Christian smiles and comes to clip the pieces of fabric on the back of the dress.

Kat lets out a breath she had been sucking in to make sure it all still fit, "Yeah I'm sure this shit is so fucking tight. I gotta stop eating for two like tomorrow. I'd say today, but the ESPYs always have good cake."

Christian laughs, "You look amazing and I am so happy to finally be your date to the ESPYs."

"Thanks babe, I'm glad I get to be with you," Kat smiles and kisses Christian on the cheek leaving a sticky gloss lip print.

Christian wipes off her gloss and grabs his navy suit jacket off the bed, "We can put our Athlete of the Year plaques next to each other."

Kat turns quickly with a finger pointed at his chest and a crazed look in her eye, "Don't you dare jinx this."

Christian throws his hands up in surrender, "Not jinxing it! I'm manifesting."

Kat glares at him, "Yeah ok sure. Are you sure your mom can handle Zana?"

"Six hours max, she's got this. She did raise me after all..." Christian says even though he really isn't too sure about his answer.

Kat nods sharing their uncertainty, "Alright we better go before we change our minds."

Christian heads out the door and slides into their Suburban. Kat slides in next to him and their driver shuts the door behind them. Christian nervously jiggles his leg he's up for Best MLB Player, but it would probably be his after a World Series win and a MVP Award. He was nervous for his girlfriend who probably couldn't take it if she lost four years in a row. It was probably the only thing she had ever lost more than once...