|NINE|

NEXT DAY

It was 9 in the morning. Anika was pacing outside Sahil's ward as the doctors were running some regular tests on him before his surgery.

After sometime, Shivaay came and stood beside her and kept his hand on her shoulder.

Anika looked at him with a jerk as she was startled by someone's presence.

S- Are you okay?

A- I don't know. It's.. It's.. I...

S- It's okay. Everything will be fine.

Anika nodded her head. At the same time, doctor came out of the ward.

A- Is everything okay, doctor?

D- Yes. All the pre-operative tests are good and I think we should take him to the Operation Theatre.

S- Yeah sure, doctor. Go ahead.

D- Miss Anika, but before that you have to sign these documents.

A- What are these documents?

D- In these documents, It's written that 'if anything happens to the patient, the hospital or the assigned doctor is not responsible for it.' Although, we'll try our best and we know Sahil's case is totally under control but signing this document before surgery is a protocol. Please sign this.

Anika had tears in her eyes and she was shivering because she never thought that her brother will be facing so much in this small age. She tried to save Sahil from every problem but she couldn't save him from this dangerous disease. Tears were continuously flowing from her eyes.

Shivaay noticed her state and kept his hand on her shoulder.

S- It's fine. (To doctor) Doctor, if you don't mind, can I sign these documents?

D- Are you related to the patient?

S- Yes. I mean Anika is my to-be wife and Sahil is like my younger brother.

Anika instantly looked at him. At that moment, Anika saw Shivaay in a different light. He might appear rude and arrogant from outside but she knew that he cared for his loved ones like his Dadi. But today she saw the same care for herself and Sahil in his eyes.

D- Yes sure.

Shivaay signed the documents and doctor took it.

D- Now we'll be taking Sahil to the OT for his surgery in a few minutes.

Shivaay and Anika nodded their head.

After sometime, Sahil was taken out of his ward on a stretcher, to take him to OT.

Anika immediately rushed towards him and held his hand. She was sniffing due to crying.

A- Sahil, baccha, don't worry, okay. Everything will be good. Don't be scared, alright. Your Anika didi is always there for you.

Sahil smiled and kissed her cheek.

Sa- Don't be scared Didi. I know I'll be fine if you are with me. You always scold me that I fail in all of my tests but I promise you that I won't fail in this test of life. I love you didi.

After hearing him, Anika burst into crying and kissed his forehead. Shivaay went by her side and wrapped his hand around her shoulder. Sahil was taken to the OT.