|FORTY FOUR|

Tanya looked at Anika with a smirk and continued.

T- Anika, I'm sorry that this is happening to you but I guess you both were never meant......

Before she could complete her sentence, Anika formed a fist of her hand and punched Tanya with all her strength, making her nose bleed.

Tanya fell on the ground while clutching her nose.

T- Oh my god! What did you do, you mad woman?

She winced in pain while Anika smirked and Shivaay was too shocked to react.

A- This is what you get for blaming my husband falsely. What did you say that my husband doesn't love, that we're not meant for each other? Then let me clear your misunderstandings, miss Tanya that he loves me very much, we're having a baby together, what more proof do you need? And what did you think that I won't do a background check on you before giving you shelter in my house, then you're wrong, Miss Tanya. I'm Mrs. Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi and I don't show mercy on someone who is a fraud.

Anika said the last line with a smirk and all the Colors drained from Tanya's face.

T- Wh...what....do....yo...you..me...mean?

A- What I mean is that you were always a gold digger. When Shivaay threw you out of his life for disrespecting Dadi, you didn't have any sources of income so you trapped a 60-year old rich businessman and married him. You lived a lavish life on his money for 4 years and you were also transferring all the money to your boyfriend, what was his name, Ronnie. But unfortunately, you got caught by your so called husband, he was about to handover you to the police but you escaped him and you came here to Shivaay, as noone can doubt that Shivaay Singh Oberoi will give shelter to a criminal. I must say, you had a nice plan.

Anika said with a smirk and Tanya was now shivering in fear.

A- Inspector, please take her to her desired destination, which is jail.

Anika said and some lady constables dragged Tanya out of the Oberoi mansion.

Shivaay back hugged Anika as some tears escaped from his eyes and fell on her shoulder.

Anika immediately turned towards him and cupped his face.

S- I'm so Sorry, Jaan. I...I....

A- shhhh.... it wasn't your fault and I trust you more than my own soul. I'm sorry that I insisted her to stay here and we have to face all this.

S- No. It wasn't your fault either.

Shivaay and Anika hugged each other and Shivaay pecked her lips.

S- I love you.

A- I love you too.

***
24 YEARS LATER

A sleek black car stopped in front of a huge mansion.