|SIXTEEN|

Anika woke up from her sleep in the evening and looked around confused. She noticed that she was covered with a blanket and no one was there in the room.

A- How did I slept? And where is Shivaay? He told me that he'll come here after attending the guests.

Her eyes fell on her hands and she was stunned to see the darkest shade of mehendi on her fair hands.

A- OMG! This is so dark color. How can it be possible because according to Gauri the groom should love his bride to the moon and the back to get the darkest shade but Shivaay? Let it be. I think it's just the effect of the chemicals in the mehendi.

Anika shrugged her shoulders and went to freshen up. She chose a red and cream coloured Anarkali suit to wear as she's to-be bride.

She made herself presentable and went downstairs, to the living room

She made herself presentable and went downstairs, to the living room. As she descended the stairs, she saw dadi, Sahil and OmRuRi sitting in the living room and discussing about tomorrow's haldi function. She looked here and there for Shivaay but she didn't find him.

While her eyes were searching for Shivaay, Gauri spotted her standing at the stairs.

G- Bhabhi.

Anika immediately looked at Gauri and smiled.

She went and sat beside dadi on the sofa. Dadi kissed her forehead and smiled at her.

A- Sorry dadi, I don't know how did I slept for so long.

D- No worries, puttarji. I understand that you were tired because of back-to-back functions.

G- Yes bhabhi and you know what bade bhaiya especially ordered each one of us, not to disturb you.

Anika's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Her eyes automatically started searching for him but she didn't find him.

R- Bhabhi, are you searching for bhaiya?

Anika slightly nodded her head in positive and then immediately shook her head in negative. Everyone chuckled at her cuteness.

O- It's okay to miss him, bhabhi. But your saiyyanji(lover) has gone to office as some important meeting came up. He went two hours ago so I think he might be here anytime now.

Anika nodded her head in understanding.

Suddenly Gauri shrieked. Everyone looked at her.

O- What happened, Gauri?

G- Look at bhabhi's mehendi. It's the darkest shade. Oh My God! Bhabhi, bade Bhaiya loves you so much.

Anika was about to speak about the chemicals but she ignored it as she thought that dadi might feel bad. She just smiled looking at them.

Gauri immediately sat beside Anika and started looking at her mehendi.