21| amarya

This chapter is dedicated to helgapjee . Thank you so much for being so so supportive <3

────── ༻♛༺ ──────

She walked through the sea of elves, men and dwarves alike, her white dress trailing behind her. The gold embroidery was like a fire, spreading upwards from the hem of her dress, spiralling around her torso with golden curls.

Her ebony hair billowed freely behind her, cascading down her skin like midnight waves upon the sand, shimmering in the sunlight like echoes of the shimmering stars above.

On her finger sat a ring, bound by pure gold, the fire opal capturing the sunlight, shining from her hand. She could feel a growing power spreading from Amarya like a burning fire, coursing through her veins.

As she passed by, the people bowed their heads. The music floated through the air, a regal tune, as she made her way towards the stone dais at the front of the hall, applause resounding around her, echoing within her mind.

Reaching the foot of the dais, she turned her head to see her brother in the crowd. Atop his head sat a crown of old, and he wore a great smile as he applauded, his eyes glimmering in the sunlight.

Beside him stood Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf and the other members of the Fellowship, their expressions equally as proud. Boromir sat amongst the people, the horn that hung on his belt in one piece, a smile decorating his face.

She felt herself begin to ascend the stone steps of the dais, a golden throne at the top, encrusted with a fire opal, seemingly containing the very essence of fire itself in that singular stone.

A figure awaited at the top. He seemed almost blurry, his silhouette flickering every now and then, like candlelight. In his hands, he held a circle of gold, a simple yet elegant crown, sparkling in the sunlight like the stars at night.

Ascending to the top of the dais, she could feel her heart pounding in her chest, every beat echoing within her mind like the drums of war.

Beat.

As she knelt before the figure, thunderous applause erupted from the crowd behind her, but it was strangely distorted. Every sound sounded as if it had been stretched, unintelligible to her ears.

Beat.

She felt the gazes of the thousands of people, seemingly holding their breath as they awaited her crowning, piercing holes into her soul. Sunlight reflected off the crown, the light almost blinding her.

Beat.

He raised the crown above her head. His form suddenly came into focus, and she could see every mark, every freckle, every line. But what caught her eye was the striking green of his eyes, like an emerald emerging from the earth, bright and alluring as she regarded her father once again.

Beat.

Her father smiled as he began to lower the crown.

Beat.

Lower.

Beat.

She felt like a bystander within her own body as she watched the crown grow closer and closer.

Beat.

She turned frantically at the crowd, scanning the sea of faces in confusion.

When she turned back, a pair of cold grey and sunken eyes stared back at her. Black hair framed a pair of angular cheekbones, a malicious grin twisting the lips of the elf that stood before her. It was no longer her father. In the blink of an eye, the world had shifted.