Heartbeats...

Chapter 1:

"No!!!"I scream ripping myself from Antonio's embrace, but I'm too late.....

I get to the door to see Angel standing in the doorway with a confused expression, directed towards me.

"Ma it's okay it's just Uncle Juan."Angel says, letting him in. I sigh in relief, but frown in anger.

"Who did you think it was gonna be?"Antonio says. I shake my head. That was too close.

"I'm tired. Good night everybody."I say, then walk up stairs. I go take a shower, tears running down my face, disappearing down the drain.

"Lord, please give me the patience to deal with this. My family is in danger, my love life is screwed. I don't know what to do. Please help me Father God, I'm lost and can't find my way. I know I'm never alone but sometimes it feels that way. Please help me Lord. Protect me. I give you all the honor and glory, in Jesus name, Amen."I say, wiping my eyes. I get out the shower, drying off, braiding my hair and getting dressed.

I get in bed, curling up and just think. Where exactly did I go wrong? Perfection isn't as pretty as you may think. A picture says a thousand words? I doubt it, the story behind the picture is the real meaning. Looks can be deceiving. And just how far deep does the problem go?

I closed my eyes, I'm thinking too hard. Whenever that happens, I notice things I wish I hadn't. I hear Antonio open and close the door. After taking a shower, putting on his pajamas, he turns out the light and gets in bed. He wraps his arms around me, settling.

The Next Morning:

I get up early and go do some yoga. I'm not one to pretend things are alright. If something is wrong, people will know. But I feel like I need to be fresh today.

So I make breakfast, French toast, sausages, scrambled eggs and berry smoothies. I just finished setting the table when I see the kids coming downstairs.

"Morning y'all."I say, as they sit down.

"Don't you have to go to work?"Angel says, making a plate.

"Not until later. I have to tell you something."I say sitting.

"What?"Javi says his mouthful.

"Ew nigga chew yo food!"Janelle says turning away.

"Anyway...you're all getting bodyguards."I say taking a sip of my smoothie.

"What?"Angel says loudly.

"Yes and don't argue me on this. It's a precautionary. Angel, you and Nelly get two each...for now. And Tonio you and Javi get one."I say.

"Mmm alright."They grumble. I hear the door bell ring, it's probably them.

"I'll be right back."I say walking towards the door, I unlock and open it. And it is them.

"Ric, Al!"I say letting them in. Their sons and extra guards follow them into the house.

"Harmoni, it's been a while."They say engulfing me in a huge hug.

"Oh you guys."I say when they let go.

"Alright so this is my oldest son, Mario, second oldest, Ernesto, second youngest, José and finally Enrique jr."Ric says. I shake their hands as he introduces them.

"And these are mine, Salvador, Cruz, Cristiano and Mateo."Al says. Again I shake their hands.

"Well nice to meet you and thank you for coming on such short notice. Um my four are in the kitchen, this way. Sorry they're not dressed they just woke up."I say walking to the kitchen.