Mama ain't raise no fool

3:47 AM Friday:

Antonio POV:

Ringing, what is that ringing? I feel myself wake from my deep sleep. Harmoni stirs as I realize it's our house phone and I pickup.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice thick with sleep.

"Would you mind putting on some clothes and come downstairs to greet me?"Harmoni's father says I sit up straight. Causing Harmoni to wake up and glance at me. Seeing my stressed stature, I see her begin to get worried.

"Baby what is it?" She asks sitting up, turning the light on. I put on some pants and my bulletproof vest. Her eyes widen.

"Your father is in the house." I say. Her breath catches. She grabs her phone.

"Sal—What?" Harmoni says,"We will be down right now."

"You will do no such thing. You're pregnant with twins. Believe it or not you're already starting to show. I refuse to risk your life. Wake up the kids and stay here." He says, fiercely. Tears fall down my cheeks, he kisses me. Then walks out the door and down the stairs. I rush to Tay's room first, as he is the closest to ours.

"Tay wake up, love."

"Time to get up already?" He says groggy.

"No, there's an intruder. Wake up your brothers, I have to wake up Janelle." I say urgently. He pops up, reaching under his bed, grabbing a pistol. I frown, then release the thought, there's no time to talk about that now.

"It's that piece of shit, your sperm donor, isn't it?" He says angrily, putting the bullets in. I nod.

"Just get your brothers and come to my room. Let your father handle this, please. I can't have you getting hurt."

"I fight for my family momma. And you and every one here is my family. I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disobey you." He says then walks out to Tonio's room.

"Tay!" I whisper yell. But all too late. I sneak over to Janelle's room.

"Wake up, Janelle. Baby girl. You gotta get up." I say pulling the covers back, and pulling her up. She wipes her eyes.

"Wha–? What's goin' on?" She says getting up, slowly.

"There's an intruder. Come on. It's clear your father and brothers and all the guards intend on handling this. I can't have you in harms way." I say, leading her to my room. Closing and locking the door behind us.

"Momma...I'm scared."

"Baby, I won't let anything happen to you." I say simply, hugging her tightly.

Meanwhile;

Antonio POV:

"I'm real sick and tired of you. It's time for you to die." I say seeing him surrounded by the guards, whilst holding an AK47.

"Is that anyway to talk to your elders. Come on. I'm your father in law." He jokes.

"Fuck you, you sick, twisted fool." I say lowly. Pointing the gun at his head.

"Come now. I could let out a whole round of shots while you can only let out one. You really think you have a chance. Let me tell you this...your daughter—exquisite. I thoroughly enjoyed wasting in her for the past 24 hours. While you have all been to busy to even check on her. I took her while you were at the hospital checking on your unborn, or shall I say unborns?" He says smugly. My heart drops in horror. I have failed my daughter.