die Hoffnung

Hellooo from the other sideee!! Pfft so whaddup humans its been a while xD hope y'all doing fine and are safe amid the pandemic and all :(( Cisnfjks anyways here's the first update in 2020 wheee. Kinda wrote this in parts again so im not sure if it's gonna flow well but hope it would suit to your tastes' somehow :p *fingers crossed* anyways, enough yapping... On with the chappie !~ >•<

'Hope is seeing the light in spite of being surrounded by darkness.' -Annonymous

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something deep down bubbled inside as he walked through the blank cavity before him. It was fierce-- angry, yet there was nothing but a seemingly placid expression upon the serial killer's face as he placed each step forward, wide eyes scanning his surroundings for any potential prey lurking around the perimeter, waiting to be slaughtered.

A slight shift in the pebbles below their shoes and off goes another "mice" with their entrails slit opened and exposed, falling to the ground foaming at the mouth.

He had to admit, poison does come in handy.

Razor brought his hand up to admire the glimmer of purple that reflected off the neatly cut gem that had embedded itself into the skin on the back of his hand. There were many shades of purple-- but this is particular, he found astonishingly attractive. The hue was innocent, yet it carried a poisoning capacity enough to kill when delivered in the right doses.

Like hydrangeas.

His scissors had taken a different form in which had more angles, each edge embellished with sharp, tiny teeth ready to rip and tear the flesh of his victims. None would miss the faint glow of indigo that tainted his dark brown irises like a faded splash of watercolour.

Razor was brimming with power.

It had been so long since the Dark Games had gotten this interesting. For years, he had been an inhabitant of this hellhole. Grown and fed to fight or die in the arena of death, each year was the same game of tag, the same sparring for the throne--it was getting boring, really. But the Dark Games officials have really stepped up their game this time.

A giddy feeling exploded in his chest as the edges of his lips curved upwards in glee, eyes curving into cresents as he thought about it.

The human representatives.

There were so many of them this year. So many prey to hunt, bodies to disect that he almost couldn't contain his excitement. Plus, they've finally brought something worthwhile to the table with some new themes and a few alterations here and there--which, by the way, explains why the leaders were plunged into this shithole in the first place.

Now, what could those bastards be planning?

A scream interrupted his thoughts as yet another lost duckling came stumbling his way. Without the slightest hesitation, he twisted and brutally slashed a deep cut into her neck. The laceration was deep, sending a waterfall of blood down the front of her chest before she fell to the ground like a rag doll, unmoving.

Huh, it seemed strange there were so many anonymous people running around here. Either they were just plain old distractions or some of the newbies that he didn't even bother to recognise.

Useless.

Razor was about to turn into a different direction when he heard a familiar voice.

"You took my prey,"