Chapter 5

Dear Ella,

I am really sorry to hear about that. I am here if you ever need me to talk to. I promise that I won't tell anyone about this.

My grandfather passed away from Alzheimer's just last year. It was the hardest thing for me. I grew up with him and did so many things together.

For my tenth birthday he took me to a baseball game. He bought me a shirt and a foam finger. A few years later we were going through my late grandmothers photos and had found a picture of him and I at the arena. I told him that it was us too at the game and all he said was "that's my grandson. I wish he would come visit me one day." I didn't try to explain to him because I knew he wouldn't get it.

A few months after that he was in the hospital from a heart attack and he kept hearing beeping. He was trying to get up. The doctor says he was trying to reenact what he did during the war. Later that night he passed on his sleep. My mother took it the worst.  She didn't go to work for days. What made her go was her boss calling her to tell her she had fort-five minutes to show up or she was fired. She eventually went because she knew we needed the money.

I know it's nothing like you went through but I thought I would share the hardest thing that's happened to me. I think that you could learn at lot about a person from what's happened to them.

Now I have to say I never really would of thought that you didn't have friends. I just just never saw you around anyone and I didnt understand why. You are so beautiful and kind it's unbelievable.

In sixth grade we were in the same science class and you had been called up to answer the problem on the board. You kept looking back at the class as if you were in stage about to perform. You still do it to this day and its adorable. :)

Ella, I really want to be your friend but I understand that you dont do that. So I guess we can be aquantients if that is fine.

Yours truly,
Anthony

P.s I like you a lot. And we need to agree on a date to reveal who I am. ♡ :)