Prologue

(Hey! Before the book starts I want to thank you guys for reading this story! It really means a lot to me, and I know someone's going to say I copied off of someone on quotev, I first posted this book on quotev, and because it's doing so well I decided to post it on here, so you can all be cursed by my terrible writing skills, either way, I hope you enjoy the story.)

(Y/n) walked down the sidewalk silently, his (h/l) (H/c) hair whipping around in the harsh wind, (y/n) just let out a huff and looked up at the sky, narrowing his (e/c) eyes at the sight of the dark grey clouds. "....it's going to rain, great." they grumble, flinching when a drop of rain landed on their face. 'why does it have to rain now? I'm not even close to getting home?!' (Y/n) thinks angerly, starting to run as it started to rain. 'of course I just HAD to stay back for detention!' he thinks angerly, almost tripping over a cat that darted across the sidewalk, (Y/n) stumbling a bit before managing to catch his balance, watching the cat dart across the road and getting to the other side, jumping onto the sidewalk, walking over a puddle before falling into it, not coming back up.

"What the hell?!" the (h/c) boy chokes out, ignoring the rain as he ran across the road, getting onto the sidewalk and just staring at the puddle the cat fell into, the puddle wasn't even water, it was a black substance with green and purple/magenta swirls though it. "what even is this?" (Y/n) mumbles, staring into the portal, not even bothered by the rain anymore.

//a few minutes ago, inside the portal\\

"It's over Zim, You're cornered and I can now turn you in, to the government, then I'll finally be labelled a professional paranormal hunter and people won't think I'm crazy!" Dib membrane exclaims, he and Zim were in an alleyway Zim was stuck at the dead end and Dib was blocking Zim from getting away.

there was a silence for a moment before Zim laughed. "Foolish Dib-stink! You're the one who's trapped!" Zim exclaims Dib's eyes showed panic for a moment before going back to determination. "Gir Now!" Zim shouts and there was a quiet "Yess sir e!" before a huge dumpster got pushed to block the entrance, Dib's eyes showing fear again, clearly struggling to hide his fear.

"You're just going to move a dumpster in the way? I can climb over that you know-" "Shut up Dib-stink!" Zim shouts, cutting off Dib, taking out a weird looking gun. "You see Dib-stink when I shoot this ray-gun, it will open a portal to another dimension and someone will jump through and fight with me to destroy you!" Zim shouts and points the gun up. "You dumbass! Do you know what sort of consequences would happen if you open a portal to another dimension?!" Dib shouts but it was too late, Zim shot the gun above himself and a portal opened, it was black with green and purple/magenta swirls in it. "Zim what have you done?!" Dib shouts as he saw something start to fall through.

what fell through was a large cat, clearly startled and annoyed, it laughed itself at the closest entity, launching itself at Zim, Zim sprinting away from the cat, screaming as he ran past Dib, jumping over the dumper shouting at Gir to help him.

Dib stood there for a moment before looking back up at the portal. "Now I have to deal with this, how do I get rid of this?!" Dib exclaims, the portal suddenly shaking. "Oh god did someone go through the portal?!" Dib says panicking before suddenly the portal closed and a small black, magenta and green ball, around the size of a paintball gun pellet, fell down. "o...oh." Dib says quietly, walking up and tried to pick up the ball, it shocking him, Dib letting out a quiet yelp and jumped away, shaking his hand annoyed. "Whatever, nobody can touch it so I guess it's fine?" Dib mumbles and turns around, walking out of the alleyway, climbing over the dumpster.

//now time, outside the portal\\

(Y/n) stared at the portal, totally spaced out. 'just what is it? Is it an actual portal? Could I go through it as that cat did?' (Y/n) thinks, just staring at the puddle/portal. "Hey Look out!" A voice in the background shouts, (Y/n) barely had time to turn their head to look before they were shoved by someone on a bike, the boy stumbled back, falling back and into to portal.

(2.1 pages, 740 words)