Chapter Twenty One, Sorrow

(And this is the start of me using [M/n] instead of (Y/n), so ye)
(also if you guys want to join the discord server then just message me for the link, please join, there are art contests, sneak peeks of the newest chapters, and you can chat with other readers!)
[M/n] begrudgingly opened his eyes, his body hurt- well, everything hurt really, he just wanted to keep his eyes shut and sleep, but each time he tried to drift off all he could remember was seeing his legs getting mauled by wolves, now [M/n] kept his eyes stapled open as he stared up at the ceiling, trying to focus on the patterns of the ceiling plaster. [M/n]'s head was pounding and his legs felt numb.

"Dib, you've been very irresponsible! your friend here could have died!" Membrane shouted at his son, Dib. "But-" "No buts, Dib, do you know what would've happened if your friend died? You could've been pressed with criminal charges, Dib." [M/n] looked over a bit at the door, seeing through the ajar door to see Dib looking at the ground in shame, Professor Membrane's shadow cast on the wall, towering over Dib, [M/n] couldn't see it but he knew that Membranes look of disappointment hurt Dib, mentally of course. "Now be a good son for once and don't screw things up like everything else you do, go and watch your friend, wait for them to wake up, and make sure they don't mess with their bandages, I need to call their parents about what has happened, you better pray that they don't press charges." Membrane said and left, leaving Dib standing alone in the hallway.

Dib took a shaky breath in as they tried not to cry, what his father had said hurt, he knew that his dad understood he couldn't control getting attacked by wolves, but of course, Membrane was still mad at him. Dib blinked a few times to get rid of the tears collecting in his eyes and turned away, pushing the door open and closing it behind him, letting out a struggled sob as he tried desperately to wipe away his tears, sinking to the floor in a mess of tears and sobs, everything hurt as the realization came to him, [M/n] could have died, [M/n]'s brother actually died, because of the damages on [M/n]'s legs he could've become a cripple but because of some healing machine Membrane was making for a hospital he would only have a slight pains in his legs occasionally.

"Dib?" Dibs head shot up, almost frozen as he stared at [M/n] who managed to sit up and was staring at him with a sad expression. "[M-[M/n], you shouldn't be moving much," Dib said, hiccupping a bit as he spoke, wiping his eyes to try and get rid of the tears as he got up, walking to the bed, sitting next to [M/n]. "Are you alright-" Dib started, [M/n] cutting him off by placing his left hand lightly on Dib's face. "You're crying, Dib." [M/n] said quietly wiping a tear away as one of Dib's hands reached up and held onto [M/n]'s hand, it was soft and warm against his face it felt nice. "So? I would've expected you to be crying, aren't you in pain?" Dib asked quietly, [M/n] glanced at his bandaged leg and arm in a cast. "It hurts, but I don't like seeing you in pain, Dib." [M/n] said, scooting closer to the raven-haired boy, leaning his head against the boys chest, listening to Dibs shaky breaths as the teen held in sobs, their arms shaking a bit as they held onto [M/n]. "It's alright Dib, I'm here."

[M/n] slowly opened his eyes, trying to remember when he fell asleep again. 'I woke up, saw Dib getting yelled at, Dib cried and calmed down... wait- right, he just suggested that we should sleep and deal with his dad's criticism later.' [M/n] thought, glancing over a bit at Dib, [M/n]'s head was on Dibs chest, hearing Dibs heart beat sounded nice to him. "Dib." [M/n] whispered, shaking Dibs shoulder with his good arm, Dib let out a hum, his eyes opened a bit. "yeah?" he mumbled, shifting a bit so he was on his side, keeping [M/n] close to him. "I think I should go, I need to figure out somethings." [M/n] said quietly, Dibs eyes opened more and his arms around [M/n]'s frail body tightened a bit. "Why can't you stay?" He mumbled, [M/n]'s head laid against Dib's chest for a moment. "Dib, I can't run from my problems." [M/n] said quietly, holding onto one of Dibs arms, moving it and sitting up, the bed covers falling off of him. "I need to figure out what to do now, ok? I would like to but I can't stay here." [M/n] said, getting off the bed, holding in curses of pain as he put his bitten leg on the ground. "Do you need help walking [M/n]? My dad said your leg will hurt for a while-" "I'm fine Dib, you can go back to sleep." [M/n] cut Dib off, glancing back at the taller teen. "I'm not a cripple, Dib, I can walk and get around by my self." [M/n] said and walked limped to the door, cringing along the way as he heard Dib get out of the bed, trailing after him but stopped at the door when [M/n] turned to him. "Stay in here, I'm going to talk to your dad, it isn't right how he talked to you, then I'll go." [M/n] said and before Dib could argue, [M/n] closed the door in the teens face. [M/n] held onto the doorknob, keeping the door closed as he heard Dib try to turn the handle to get out and follow him, Dib cursed and stopped trying, [M/n] letting go of the door handle once he heard Dibs footsteps walking away from the door, the blonde teen let out a soft sigh and turned away, holding in a yelp when locking eyes with Gaz.