Chapter 11: Video Game Children

Social studies ended quickly and Gaz and (Y/n) walked out of the classroom. "So I'll just get off the bus with you guys, I'll probably only be able to stay for a few hours, my brothers like a helicopter." (Y/n) said and Gaz nodded. "That's fine, and when you're over, just ignore my brother, he's pretty much insane," Gaz said and started to walk away before stopping. "Also, sorry about my brother pouring water on your head." She added and walked away, (Y/n) just nodded and walked away from Mr Rotman's classroom, heading to Miss Bitters. 'alright, a class with Dib and Zim, hopefully that'll go by quickly.' (Y/n) thinks and walks into Miss Bitters class, heading to his seat, sitting down and taking out his computer again. 'I get to hang out with Gaz after school, she's cool I guess, a bit controlling though.' (Y/n) thought and logged onto the computer, going to one of his games, just clicking away at the keys, trying to focus as all the kids around him ran around screaming like elementary students.

after a minute or two Miss bitters came in, the door slamming behind her making everyone who was running around the classroom freeze and go silent for a moment before silently heading back to their seats, not wanting to get sent to the underground classroom. "Alright class!" Miss bitters snapped at the class and takes a huge thing of papers. "Today we will have a group project due at the end of the week, I will assign groups so people don't take advantage over others." Miss bitters snapped and started passing out the papers, calling out who would be in what group, (Y/n) just tuning out whatever miss bitters was saying, barely even listening for his name. "(Y/n) and Zim!" (Y/n) heard miss bitters call out and (Y/n) let out a groan. "No, it's a damn cliche!" (Y/n) hisses under his breath and slumped down in his chair, glancing over at Zim's chair to see it was empty. 'of course.'

"Now that you know your project partners, start working." Was all Miss Bitters hissed out before sitting at her desk, everyone starting to work on their stuff, (Y/n) sat there awkwardly before speaking up. "Um, Zim isn't here, should I just work by myself or no?" (Y/n) spoke up, Miss Bitters narrowed her eyes at the boy. "Don't work until Zim shows up." Was all Miss Bitters hissed and (Y/n) groaned and slumped back in his chair, glaring at the door. 'Zim better get here, I'm going to flip out if he doesn't show up.' (Y/n) thinks annoyed, sitting there through the whole class, not allowed to do anything on the project since Zim wasn't there.

(Y/n) just dozed off, his head laying on his desk, jumping and covering his ears when hearing the bell go off. (Y/n) glancing to his right to where Zim usually sat, nobody was sitting there. (Y/n) just let out a sigh and got up, started to gather his stuff and headed toward the door, trudging into the hallway, looking around with tired eyes. "I'm going to murder Zim" (Y/n) grumbled and started to walk toward the exit of the school, hearing someone running behind him, suddenly someone picking (Y/n) up and swinging him around. "Baby brother!" Someone exclaimed, (Y/n) immediately knowing the person to be Kurt. "Hey, Kurt." (Y/n) grumbled and Kurt stopped and put him down. "Baseball practise is today, you want to stay and watch?" Kurt asks and (Y/n) thinks for a moment. 'I could ditch Gaz and Dib and just stay to watch baseball practise....' "I would totally stay for baseball practice but I'm hanging out with a friend after school, sorry." (Y/n) answers back and Kurt smiles back. "Well, that's great! You already have a friend! I won't stop you from having fun!" Kurt said lightly slaps (Y/n) on the shoulder, smiling at him before jogging away, probably to the baseball field if the school could even afford one.

"Ay, (Y/n)." (Y/n) hears Gaz says ahead, (Y/n) looking ahead and seeing Gaz who had a tight hold on her brother's trench coat sleeve. "Come on, I am not taking an hour to walk home," Gaz said and turned around, letting go of her brother's sleeve before heading outside the school, (Y/n) trudged after Gaz, Dib walking next to him once they got outside. "Alright, I don't exactly trust you so I'll be hanging out with you and Gaz," Dib said and (Y/n) glanced up at Dib. "Yeah, I get that, looking out for your sister and stuff." (Y/n) says and stops, Dib stopping as well. "What you should really look out for." (Y/n) said and paused, reaching and dragging one of his fingers down Dibs face in a flirtatious way. "You need to watch out for yourself~" (Y/n) said and walked away from Dib, laughing to himself, leaving behind the tall raven-haired boy whose face was bright red, frozen up.