1.2 Who, what, where, when, why, how?!

- Before -

"Hey, you're heavy you know?" Aki tried to pull the pink fluff off her head but Kit Kat stubbornly held onto the long black hair that was tied back into a high ponytail with its paws and refused to let go.

It will never relinquish its throne!!

Giving up, Aki let go and the fluff rubbed itself happily against its soft nest while messing up Aki's hair even more.

Still, Kit Kat let out a little exasperated sigh. He has been releasing its killing intent to drive away all the other monsters for her but this girl just called him fat!

He was so not fat!

It's just that all this magnificent fur just inevitably added a little more weight. A top-class monster like its honorable self needed this magnificent fur to show off its brilliance!

The fluff nodded and puffed up even more in pride.

But still, Kit Kat wondered, why does this girl not feel intimidated by its killing intent?

Aki has been walking aimlessly for a few hours now and was slowly giving up hope on figuring out where she was. It was just trees, trees and more trees. Maybe she would just need to camp up in the tree tonight.

But soon, as if her thoughts were heard, she picked up the sound of water in the distance and speed up into a jog. Just as she was about to reach, she stopped short.

There was a group of three, decked out from head to toe in overly embellished armor with what seemed like shiny jewels, making camp beside a small river. Aki bet if the sun hit the armor at a correct angle, it can blind someone.

A red hair youth spotted her and alerted the other two who were roasting fishes.

Aki's right eyebrow twitched at the familiar scene. They were probably, most likely, 100% plus chop, a group of adventurers.

Red hair approached her, and Aki tensed, a flash of viciousness can be seen in her eyes.

A cold shiver ran up Red hair's spine and perhaps due to his instincts, he stretched out his hand and said:

"Chotto matte!!"

It was weirdly accented, just like a foreigner who just picked up the language.

"We're not suspicious people."

"...Cut the crap, no suspicious people will say that they are suspicious."

He scratched his red hair which was seriously too bright. Ever since coming to this world, everything seemed a bit TOO bright.

"I'm Rory, those two are Adam and Flynn. We're adventurers. I just called out to you because you look a little... lost. Are you an Other Worlder? Do you need help?"

Aki squinted and hesitantly nodded.

Apparently Other Worlders are people that tripped into dimension portholes or cracks and ended up here. They can come from all sorts of different worlds and planes and are also commonly called Trippers.

Aki smiled ruefully. As if this was just an induced hallucination.

Rory had casted a language spell so that Aki could understand them as they sat around the fire.

The trio is a small party called the crimson troupe, and they were hunting Verte, a type of water monster in the river they were camping at, which was a job request posted by the adventurer guild.

They should be called the traffic light gang instead, Aki thought as she looked at Blond hair Flynn who was as beautiful as an elf and Green hair Adam that was a typical bishounen.

"Um.. May I ask... why do you have a Hase on your head?"

Aki pulled Kit Kat off his throne and fed him Verte, which was respectfully given by Adam as a tribute. It looked like a normal Saba fish to Aki, besides its strangely large teeth.

"A Hase? You mean this fluff? It just followed me after I fed it."

They all suddenly look at her with a /shock Pikachu face/.

"Aki, Hase are S ranked monsters that are at the top of the food chain here and... you tamed it with food?"

"Hmm? So this pink fluff is very strong?" Aki poked at the fluff repeatedly.

Yes, know my greatness! Kit Kat fluffed up. But I was not tamed! I decided to take care of this girl since she looked so weak and needed protection!

The trio looked at Aki and the fluff strangely as she continued to tease the fluff with the fish as if it was a harmless pet. But on the other hand, Adam supposed it wasn't really that strange. He did feel a silent yet intimidating aura from Aki who looked like an ordinary girl, but felt like a very sharp and dangerous sheathed sword.

Kit Kat tried to snatch the fish from Aki's hands but at the last moment, Aki lifted it out of his reach. So the pink fluff could only bounce with angry huffs as his fluff fluttered.

Well, he looks kind of cute...

A strange silence fell as everyone grew entranced by the fluff.

"Ahem," Rory broke the silence. "Well let's get you to Colkirk. That's where our base is and the nearest town. Since you just tripped here, you should register at the Other World guild and then you will be able to get your necessities for free."

"For free? That's so generous."

"Yes, apparently an Other Worlder once saved this world from destruction and decided to open the guild all over this world for other Trippers. Since he did the world a great favor, all the kingdoms were very cooperative with it."

"Right..." Aki said perfectory and thought it was more probable that the kingdoms were scared of the hero. Afterall, you can't beat them, join them. She began to tune out Flynn's endless chatter about the great adventures of the Great Alexander and all his glory.