2.1 Welcome!

- After -

Aki was shrouded in darkness with only a ball of light in front of her showing the way forward. Her footsteps echoed through the dark cave with no end in sight.

A pink fluff melted on her shoulders. This is hell, we are definitely going to hell, Kit Kat thought.

Although it has used its magic power to shroud itself, the temperature of this cave was still blazing hot! Baked in the heat that felt like it would burn up its magnificent fur, Kit Kat shouted in agony.

"PIYA!" (Why did we have to come here??!!)

And as if understanding Kit Kat, Aki recited in a soft and calm voice, which added to the creepy atmosphere in the dark.

"The Nigrum is a plant that grows in high temperatures and is good for treating serious fevers. However, because of this, many have tried and failed to hunt it. Patience, it's actually not as hot as I imagined."

Aki continued her leisure pace as Kit Kat rolled his eyes. It's bad! It's definitely over 1000 degree celsius! We are in a volcanic cave!

A corner of Aki's lips turned up as she patted the fluff gently, as if trying to appease his tantrum.

However, what they did not know was that there was more than just the heat which made it difficult for herb hunters to attain the Nigrum.

~~~~~~~~~~

- Before -

Aki walked down the crowded cobbled streets as a mix of delicious smells wafted in the air. Signs floated about trying to advertise their wares and some were even charged to give out little effects like small fireworks or confetti.

It was like a festival.

Aki's nose spotted it before she even saw it. The meat was roasted into a tantalizing brown, with honey spread over it. As it sizzled, Aki swallowed and her stomach rumbled and with a few presses on the holographic panel, Aki paid for the meat and started tearing into it.

A rich burst of flavor exploded on her tongue as her teeth chewed on the tender meat. As Aki praised the taste to the cook, the cook explained that it was a high quality meat from a monster called Orycto, which looked like a boar and was a vicious monster ranked at B class.

Aki walked through the busy plaza as all the guilds were located near the center of the plaza to allow easy access and mainly to drive business. As a result, many stalls have also popped out, resulting in a lively area.

Still, as she kept following the locator on the holographic map, the surroundings became quieter and more run-downed.

"You have reached your destination." The locator signaled.

Looking up at the worn down building, Aki doubted that she was at the right place. But the sign did write "The Hunters Guild", well, at least that was what Aki thought it said with all the faded letters. It was also European styled with exposed bricks instead of the polished high tech look of the Other World Guild.

The bell clinked roughly as Aki entered and unlike the Other World guild and the Adventurer guild, the Hunter guild was dead silent and the receptionist empty.

Aki trekked through the reception hall, echoing footsteps sounded while leaving footprints behind in the dust. The need and instinctive urge to erase her treks surged in her, but Aki resolutely pressed it down. Just how long has it been since someone came here?

A big red button with a piece of paper tacked to it wrote "press to call for someone". Casting a curious glance at it, Aki pressed her finger down on it decisively and a blast blowing trumpets erupted.

Aki winced and a louder smashing sound was heard.

"Coming!!!"

A small sprite appeared from the backrooms and approached the counter where the red button was nowhere to be seen, with only pieces of debris and Aki with her signature deadpan expression.

The sprite looked like any other normal human being but with little feathered sections on the side of her face. With deep blue eyes that complimented her dark red short bob with green highlights, she looked like a fantasy character straight out of a fairytale.

Beautiful, pure, fragile.

Something that is vastly different from herself.

"Welcome to the Hunter guild! My name is Misha and it's been sooooo long since we had anyone come up here. Everyone is just out and about doing their own things. I mean we are a Hunter guild, they are meant to be going around the world hunting whatever they are hunting but it would be nice to see them once in a while instead of just receiving the mail or a message of just one word "done". I mean, is it that hard to actually just type a few more words? So, what can I do for you today?"

Aki looked at the little sprite whose words flowed as fast as a bullet train. Placing the advertised quest on the counter and before she could get a word in-

"Ah!!! That job!! I was wondering if it would EVER get taken up. I mean it's not that hard, but many people just don't like to go on herb hunting you know. Even the experienced Hunters always go for escaped prisoners, food, rare animals, treasures but not herbs! I mean a herb might be less intense but it's all the same interesting. Did you know a Pudica is essential in alchemy to make medicine for cuts and bruises? That's why it's so popular and the adventurer guild agreed to put that posting there. We needed you to come in because the Pudica looks a little similar to the Cadiup, so we needed to teach you a few pointers. You can get all the information through our forum so why don't we get you started by first registering as a Hunter?"

Misha casted her puppy eyes at Aki. Those watery clear blue eyes that shouted PLEASEEEEE I NEED TO HIT THE QUOTA directed their full force upon Aki.

Aki sighed. She can never reject a pair of puppy eyes.

"Alright."

Overjoyed at her successful plan of getting another Hunter, Misha made a little victory fist pump below the receptionist desk. Afterall, she too was a Hunter - a Hunter for Talents.