1.3 Who, what, where, when, why, how?!

- Before -

Colkirk was a small town about 3 days by carriage away from the capital, Forthmight city, of the kingdom of Valticand - one of the three largest kingdoms of this world. The monarch is still alive and well, although some smaller countries have decided to adopt the parliamentary system.

Or so the receptionist at the Other World Guild introduced as she showed Aki the information from a smart brain which looked like a thin metallic black bracelet, projecting a holographic screen with a map.

"So there is magic in this world?"

"Yes, Trippers usually are also able to use magic once they learn how to channel mana. You can either sign up for courses or learn from the intranet that you can access from this smart brain."

"Ah... okay."

While Aki was starting to daze out from the information overload, the receptionist continued to babble on while blushing and stealing glances at Rory who stood beside Aki.

In the eyes of many envious females in the guild lobby, the dashing Rory was looking at Aki dotingly, eyes so gentle that other females would just melt if it was directed at them.

But all these were just their own delusions as Rory's passionate eyes spitting out pink bubbles were directed at the pink fluff on top of Aki's head.

He looks so soft and fluffy.

I want to touch him but what if he gets mad?

He seems like he has a lot of pride.

Ahhh, look at how he's nuzzling against Aki's hair while almost falling asleep but trying to stay awake at the same time.

He's just so cute!!!

"Stop." A voice that seemed borderline indifferent and cold, but yet magnetic said, drawing focus back to Aki. "Can we just move on to the registration? I'll read the rest by myself."

"Y- Yes, just place your finger here on the bracelet to register your thumbprint and ownership. Welcome to the Other World Guild, also known as the OW Guild. Besides taking care of other worlders, the guild also functions as an information and networking centre."

"Although we mentioned that the trip rate of Other Worlders is high but it's only about one in a million and you are the only Other Worlder in this town. Please let us know if you have any troubles and have a good day ahead of you! Ciao!"

"Ciao?" Aki mumbled as she walked towards the lounge area where the other two of the traffi- crimson gang were waiting.

"It's a slang that got popular a while back which means hello and goodbye." Rory explained as they pass through the bright and minimally decorated guild building, with countless stares trailing after them. Ladies blushing and whispering among themselves loitered around, hoping just to see their eye candy for a while longer.

Reaching the overly white resting area, Adam and Flynn were surrounded by a group of beautiful women.

"Adam! What quests have you been doing recently? Any chance of you bringing me along?"

"You haven't been by my bakery for a long time Flynn, come over and I'll give you special discounts!"

"Hey! They are busy, you know, being the only A Class party in our town, what about coming to the school to give a talk instead?"

Adam and Flynn stuck to each other with awkward expressions as they tried to fend off date invites disguised as official business. They looked like prey being hunted by circling vultures.

Aki and Rory stood at a distance, watching the show and wondering if they should brave the crowd to rescue them. As the other two spotted them, they sent desperate winks of help.

"All right ladies, we have to get going. We still need to drop by the adventure guild to turn in our quest." Adam clapped twice as he approached in an attempt to clear the gathering.

A chorus of "awws" and "no ways" echoed and the traffic light gang sped to the exit while throwing their perfected smiles at the crowd.

"Whew! I can never get used to that." Flynn brushed off imaginary sweat from his forehead.

"You're all done? Got your accommodations and allowance settled too?" Adam inquired as he smiled at Aki. It was as if a 1000 bolts of fluorescent light was directly blasted into Aki's expressionless face.

"Let me see where they assigned you. If it's not a good place, we can always get it changed." Flynn leaned closer to Aki as the group walked down the streets.

The trio surrounded and showered their attention on Aki with gentle inquiries and indulgent pampering, as if Aki was the protagonist of an otome game with high quality ikemens.

The women who were left behind bite their handkerchiefs in envy and hatred.

However, none of them would have suspected that the real protagonist of the otome game was actually the pink fluff asleep on Aki's head, with the trio jostling beside Aki just to get closer for a clearer look of their little cutie.