6.3 Thank you

- Before -

"And here is the room that our party is using."

After the practical class when Aki changed back into the uniform, Roku was already gone. Heiki and Takeshi lead her to the different classes throughout the day and when all the academic classes were over, they brought her to their party's room.

Apparently for every school term, there is a group assessment where students had to form a party to complete a quest. Depending on the time, and quality of the quest completion, they will be graded accordingly. This was also to prepare the students for the future after they have graduated.

The party was called Magicians Extraordinaire. And by the name you could already tell who had named the party. The room itself was half the size of the classroom and comfy couches were placed surrounding a low table. It looked more like a high class lounge rather than somewhere strategic meetings would take place.

Already in the room were two girls.

"Sit sit, I'll introduce them to you Aki. This is our Healer, Yuki and our warrior, Luna."

Yuki was a girl with sharp black phoenix eyes with dark brown hair, and Luna looked more like a pixie with short blond curls and big blue eyes.

"Heiki is at the smithy, repairing and buffing up our weapons for the upcoming assessment. Where's Tsukasa?"

"Do you even need to ask? Of course he's doing his princely duty."

Yuki scoffed in disdain.

"What's with you again? Tsukasa is a Prince after all. He has his duties to fulfill."

"Then what about his duty to us? To his party? The assessment is only a week away and we have not even got our strategy down or even did one run through or mock battle. If you think we can even pass at this rate, you're better off hoping for the sky to rain money. "

"But! But we should always be considerate-"

"Then who should be considerate to us? You're just gaga over Tsukasa because he's the Prince anyways. If he was a normal person without rank you won't even look at him."

"How... How could you say that! I... I have always... for Tsukasa..."

Tears filled those big blue eyes and fell like diamonds. Standing up and wiping her tears away, Luna stomped out of the room.

"Again? Yuki..."

"I've already told you to not invite Tsukasa in and you still did. It's your problem now Captain."

After saying that, Yuki gave Aki a nod and left the room as well.

Takeshi looked at Aki.

Blink.

Aki looked at Takeshi.

Blink.

"I guess this happens a lot?"

"You can't even imagine..." Takeshi said with sad doggy eyes and drooping ears.

Sighing, Takeshi got up to find Luna and directed Aki to Heiki instead of leaving her alone in the room.

-

In the smithy, sounds of metal hitting echoed and a furnace was lit up that casted shadows across the room. Even so, there was no smoke and no heat trapped in the small room.

Aki sat at a high stool near the door, swinging her legs as she looked at Heiki's work on a sword.

"They fought again?"

"Yeah."

"About Tsukasa?"

"Hmm."

Heiki did not stop his work. His gaze was so focused on the sword in front of him that it felt as if his world had narrowed to consist of only him and the sword he was creating.

As Heiki placed the last finishing touches on the sword, he glanced at Aki who was still paying attention to his every move.

"Interested in making a sword?"

Aki shook her head.

"Having Heiki is enough."

"Hahahahha. Ain't you going to ask why I didn't go to help Takeshi?"

Aki shrugged. It's not like Tsukasa, Luna or Yuuki were important.

"I actually don't really care about anything or anyone but this. Creating a body and infusing a soul into it, making each and every weapon legendary."

Sounds of metal hitting metal were heard again.

"Well, aside from Takeshi. He's important."

The sound paused, as if his thoughts were seen through, before the rhythmic hits continued again.

"Well, aside from Takeshi."

Aki grinned, reflecting the smile on Heiki's face as well, and they continued in companionable silence.

One content to simply watch and the other content to simply create.

Outside the door, who Aki had actually noticed, Takeshi stood overhearing their conversation.

"Go away! We don't want to play with you!"

"You're big and scary!"

Takeshi was no stranger to being disdained. From as young as he can remember, he had a big build which caused many children to find him scary and intimidating. Once, he made a mistake when playing with a group of friends, accidentally hurting someone. Everyone stopped playing with him then.

Except for Heiki.

Heiki never let what others thought bother him. He was only concerned about what he deemed as important to him. Takeshi was his friend and that was all it mattered.

Then, Takeshi saw a story of a great magician and became utterly smitten by the idea of becoming one. Heiki, who inherited his late grandfather's weapon shop and smithy, became absorbed in making weapons. Even though they only had each other as close friends, there was never a feeling of loneliness.

And now they had Aki who understood them as well.

Grinning wide, Takeshi opened the door.

"HEY! LET'S GO HAVE DINNER TOGETHER!"