2.4 Welcome!

- Before -

"Okay next!"

Heiki, Takeshi and Aki lined up at the city gates before the check-in point. Besides collecting tolls for visitors and merchants, the check point actually had a magical circle to screen every person for crimes and diseases. This was a measure to prevent the start of epidemics and to improve security.

"Neeeext! Oh hey Heiki, were you out for a hunt?"

A guard called out to Heiki in a friendly manner.

"Hey, Jereth. Well, kind of. But we didn't do the hunt, just did the cleaning up after. "

"Don't tell me it's Takeshi. You won't get any decent intact spoils with him, Kyahahaha."

"It's Aki here!!" Takeshi slapped Aki's back with so much force that she stumbled forward a little. "She's really good with a sword!"

"I see... It does say here that she's registered as a Hunter. It's rare to see one of those."

Jereth was looking down at a panel that apparently showed Aki's details based on her registered pass that was loaded in her smart bracelet.

Aki stepped into the magic circle and just like other times that she went through the gates, the magic circle glowed white with sparkles floating out of it, instead of glowing plain purple like everyone else.

"AKI!!! You're an Other Worlder?! Why didn't you tell me that?!"

Takeshi exclaimed in a loud voice. Aki jumped at his outburst and a small commotion arose. Some were trying to get a look causing them to leave their lines. There were small shoves and jostles here and there.

"Did he say an Other Worlder?"

"We have an Other Worlder here! Does she look human?"

"Bakashi!! You're causing a scene!" Heiki rushed them through the gates as the guards tried to get the others back in their orderly lines.

"But she didn't tell us?!"

After taking a few turns, they stopped at a deserted pathway. Takeshi was waving his hands in an exaggerated manner, face flushed and agitated.

This scene was strangely familiar to Aki. It wasn't like Aki did not have any friends at first. But when they knew that she came from THE nishimura clan, they all kept their distance. After all they were rumoured to be cruel, heartless, cold-blooded killers.

Well, they weren't all that far from the truth.

"Umm... I'm sorry... Sorry I made you uncomfortable. I'll leave right now."

Aki lowered her head. Takeshi doesn't like Other Worlders. It was bad not telling them the first time we met. It's been only a few days and...

"Thank you for every-"

"NO! No, Aki u got it wrong!"

Heiki hastily grabbed Aki's shoulders to stop her mid bow. A pair of panicked eyes looked at her and it felt peculiar seeing such a flustered Heiki.

Usually Heiki would be cool and composed even when dealing with Takeshi's random ideas. Like roasting the monster up on the tree branch because he thought collecting wood for the fire was troublesome.

"Aki... Takeshi was just excited to meet an Other Worlder. He just really REALLY likes things like adventure and stories from a different world."

Aki turned to look at Takeshi. So he wasn't mad but was excited instead?

Takeshi was almost bouncing on his toes and nodded furiously. The dog ears and tail have popped out once again. Takeshi leaned in close to Aki and she could see his eyes sparkling exaggeratedly.