5.1 Did not lose anyone this time

- After -

The blue sky and the blue sea. Aki floated like a lost debris. After being washed away, Aki found herself resurfacing in the middle of... somewhere. Now she is taking her time to float and stare at the white fluffy clouds.

"Ah... that kind of looks like Kit Kat."

Aki briefly wondered what Kit Kat and Cadbury was doing now after being separated. They might come looking for her but the best thing to do is to return back to camp and wait. After all, Aki doubted they would be able to find her and Axel was there as well. He would be able to calm them down.

Familiars in this world are monsters that have signed a master-servant contract with their master. With this contract, both parties will be able to know each other's location and status, with the additional perk of summoning the said familiar.

However, Aki did not establish the contract with KitKat and Cadbury. For one, she treated them as friends and did not want to tie them down.

"Yeah right. Who am I even lying to?"

Aki eyes glazed over as if looking at a faraway place. Familiars were bound to duty to protect their master and Aki was more afraid of losing them more than anything.

She did not want to lose anyone anymore.

~~~~~~~~~

- Before -

Takeshi sat heavily against an opulent plush couch that was way too fancy to serve its purpose. Sinking into the comfortable silk fabric, Takeshi let out a small sigh. Around him was the definition of luxury.

They were in Tsukasa's room at the royal castle and the way Takeshi familiarly settled himself down showed that this wasn't the first time he had been here.

Tea sets were brought in by maids and after they left, Tsukasa sat opposite Takeshi whose eyes were already slowly drooping close.

"Hey, so can I now talk about your new friend?"

"Wha-? Oh you mean Aki." Takeshi raised an eyebrow leisurely at Tsukasa's question.

Heiki was seated at another couch, focused on Takeshi's wand in his hands. The gem stone that was used to help channel magic power was broken. Again. It was not like Takeshi did not have mana, it was more of a fact that he had TOO much and his brute sensibilities did not allow Takeshi to master fine control over it.

"You guys... don't feel that she is too dangerous? I mean by the looks of it, she probably dealt with the darker sides of things and-"

*Clank-*

A harsh sound of a teacup being placed on the table was heard. Despite it being a very fine china where its price could even buy a piece of land, a fine crack can be seen. A dark brown gaze stared at Tsukasa.

"We don't speak ill of friends behind their backs, Tsukasa. And Aki is not dangerous. Even if she was, she saved your life. That should at least say a lot more than what you think about her right?"

Tsukasa startled at Takeshi's seriousness. It wasn't often that you could see Takeshi like this. Usually seen as a big goof, Takeshi was always the one who cheered up the atmosphere. But when one of his own is being threatened, all bets are off and he would do anything to protect them.

Tsukasa looked down at his clenched hands. It was true that Aki had saved him. Without her, he would not even be breathing right now. But that gaze which sent a sense of dread through him, made him feel so unsettled, nervous even, in her presence.

Tsukasa pursed his lips, not wanting to fight with Heiki and Takeshi who were one of the only few friends he had.

"You know, Aki is not as cold as she seems when she's with us. Only when she was traveling with you, someone that she's unfamiliar with, did she seem distant. If you get to know her better and let her get to know you better as well, I bet you guys will be close friends! You two seem like you guys carry the same kind of righteousness in you."