9) Magic ~ Severitus

(not a ship, but I couldn't resist)

Harry was amazed, his new toys were moving all by themselves! He let out a squeal as he attempted to grab his steaming train. Severus had charmed it, just for a quiet life, he still had lessons to plan after all.

A few more minutes passed, before Harry wanted to know what was happening with his toy, he let out a loud yell of "Daddy!" And Severus was next to him in seconds. "Yes Harry?" He asked, after realising he was quite alright.

"Moooooove!" He squealed happily, pointing at his train. "Yes, Harry, it's magic." He chuckled lowly, and couldn't help the smile at Harry's amazed face "Magic?" And at Severus confirmative nod, Harry clapped.

Severus found it adorable and made sure to show Harry little bit of magic here and there.

The next time Harry saw magic (besides the magic he saw in his every day life; like his dad making things float around and such) was when they were having dinner, and Severus charmed the table cloth to move, to keep Harry distracted while he ate.

The third time, wasn't Severus' doing. Harry, having his annual "no bath time" fit, made the bath melt. Well, sort of. The side of the bath sort of collapsed. (Effectively flooding the bathroom and getting Severus very wet).

The fourth time, Severus had simply taken him to the Muggle theatre, Harry thought it was as good as magic.

As Harry grew, silly things his dad did didn't excite him as much. But when he reached five, Severus allowed Harry into classes with him, and that bought a new bout of excitement with all the new magic. 

He wanted to touch everything, and Severus had a hard time keeping him in check. And he may of started crying in frustration at one point, but nobody besides Harry needed to know that.

Severus loved him boy, but hated him seeing him grow up. Knowing he would have to fight in a war he wasn't a part of, so Severus tried to make his childhood as lovely as possible.

-----
I fucking love severitus
Who should I do for tomorrow's prompt "forests"?