23) Baking ~ Snon

Ron, obviously, grew up around baking. It was one of his favourite things to do, not that many people knew. Him and Ginny would "help" his mother make biscuits, which is why, on this sunny Sunday morning, Ron was found baking biscuits in the kitchen.

When Severus made his way downstairs, it was to his lover dancing around the kitchen, a man bun atop his head and his face covered in flour.

How the two had come together was strange. Ron, the kind soul he was, was the only person to go back for Snape, Harry and Hermione certain he was dead. Ron had honestly only done it to distract himself, after all, he still thought he was a death eater.

He didn't want to deal with Fred's death quite yet, and so he found himself hurling and barely-breathing potions master to Madame Pomfrey, demanding be need urgent medical care.

Severus was one of the few people to be admitted to the attentive care unit, where he practically couldn't be left on his own for more than five minutes. Ron visited a lot, he'd rant to him, about how he and his family were dealing with his brothers death. George had taken it the hardest, and so he had spiralled downwards. Ron told Severus how he was terrified that one day George might go to sleep and not wake up.

Ron didn't know why he was talking to his old professor so often - almost on a daily basis - but it did help him in a way, to vent to someone without being judged.

Severus was glad he could be trusted. Ron was there when he awoke. Severus didn't know much, just enough to know Ron was silently suffering. Ron had given him a watery smile, and seemed rather happy that Severus had awoken.

Severus' throat was like sand paper, yet still he managed a snarky remark about being in hell that sent Ron into peels of laughter.

Severus was in the hospital for quite awhile after, so Ron visited a lot. They talked, and talked. Ron got to the point where he thought Severus knew more about him than anyone else.

Their conversations were mostly good, talking about all the mischief Ron got into at school. Severus admitted he held such a grudge against Hermione for setting his robes on fire. Ron apologized on her behalf.

No one else ever visited Severus, which upset Ron, but there was nothing to be done. The older man preferred his little redhead anyway, not that he would openly admit it.

And so, that's how they got here. Ron iniated the first kiss, and it sort of sped run after that.

Ron was making bat shaped cookies, and Severus was eating the icing while they cooked, which meant Ron had to make more, not that he minded, because seeing Severus happy was worth it.

---
I kinda sorta like this???

-----