Chapter One

18 years ago:

The man gave his wife a nervous look as the door slowly creaked open, their butler gave a nod as a tall lean man walked in, he gave a small bow before taking a seat in front of the couple, 'I have got to say it's my honor than you chose me of all people your majesty",the woman gave a smile, 'we heard you're the best, not a single wrong reading,and we can't take chances if we want to be prepared'. 

The young man threaded his fingers together, leaning his back against the chair, 'I'm all ears, ask whatever you want to know and I'll answer your majesty'. 

King Lucius looked at his wife then at the young man sitting in front of them, 'we want to know what you see in our child's future', the man gave a small smile, 'queen Sabrina I hope you don't mind this but can you place your hand on the table?', the queen did as asked and the man leaned in placing his hand over hers, he was happy to see that it did not bother the king and queen, he closed his eyes and went inside his mind palace, he let his soul leave his body and enter the queen's. 

Two minutes later he opened his eyes and removed his hand going back to how he was initially sitting, both royals gave him hopeful looks as he let out a sigh,'your child is gonna be a blessing, something unexpected, intelligent but humble about it, an eye catcher, bright minded, might struggle a bit with the duties of being a royal but will have a big break through, love, I see love,its not something instant, it'll take time, maybe something will get in the way, that part is a little fuzzy, a prince, a kind hearted soul, someone that sees beyond the rules, that's as far as I can get'. 

The king and queen looked ecstatic, their smiles big and their eyes bright, 'oh honey we're gonna have a little princess, oh I hope she looks just like you', the man sighed as he attempted to speak, 'your majesty I never-', the king turned around his smile not wavering, 'oh I apologize Simpson will escort you out and hand you your payment, we appreciate your service so much'. 

The man chose silence, maybe they didn't need to hear that odd possibility, maybe they aren't ready to know what their life would be like in that universe, so he swallowed his words, standing up, taking a bow, and exiting the room, the man knew he had made the right choice, and despite the doubts in his mind, the royal's wishes might come true. 

He took the envelope with the money from the butler and in that split second of contact he saw something in him, as he stood at the door, he glanced him a look, 'that child is gonna need care that might not be provided, take care of them', the man had a confused look on his face but gave a nod anyways. 

The large doors closed as the young man breathed in the fresh air, oh how he'd love to meet that blessed child someday,something inside him told they would, they felt a moment of despair so low that they went back to where everything started, seeing this play out is gonna be hard but he hoped this child would be understood, and not mistreated, even if no one believed in them, there was a spot a of light that wouldn't leave them no matter how dark the world got, that spot of light was the only thing easing the young mans guilt.

A few months later:

It was 4am on a stormy winter night, the windows shook as the wind roared, a scream screeched through the air, as the queen gripped tighter on the sheets, the doctor gave her a smile, 'come on, we're close your majesty just one last push', she breathed in deeply and then with all the strength in her body gave one last push. 

Her vision was blurry for a second but she could see the doctor with an odd look on his face, 'what's the matter doc? Is my baby okay?', 'the baby is perfectly fine, it's a boy', he stuttered his last word out as the queen's face dropped, 'I mean are you sure? It couldn't be', ' I apologize if it isn't what you were expecting, would you like to hold him?', queen Sabrina looked to be fighting tears as she slowly shook her head, 'just get him washed up and clean while I have time to think, and please send Lucius in'. 

The doctor gave a bow as he wrapped the little boy up and handed him to the nurse, he opened the door and both of them walked out, the king was sitting outside, the man bowed in front of him, 'your majesty the queen would like to see you', 'thank you for informing me, is my princess okay?', 'the baby is great', the doctor gave a smile as he walked down the narrow hallway. 

The king knocked on the door then slowly opened it, his smile was wide across his face but it didn't last as he saw the tears streaming down his queen's face, she looked up at him as he rushed to her bedside pulling her into his arms, 'honey what's wrong?, are you in pain?', 'no, its not that, we're ruined Lucius, everything is ruined', 'I don't understand you Sabrina, talk to me', 'that man lied to us, none of it was true, I just gave birth to a boy, and we are screwed'. 

The king stood up in shock, he backed away not knowing what to do or say, 'if what you're saying is true we will never be able to make peace with Cupia, war will break out','don't you think I know that?', the woman cried out, the king shook his head, 'give me an hour, everything will be resolved and that is a promise', the woman breathed in deeply as she nodded, the king rushed out of the room, he knew exactly what to do.