Chapter Nine

Charles's POV:

I woke up in the dimly lit room, and from the light coming from the hallway I figured it was already the next morning, I felt something soft draped over my shoulders, I looked and saw that it was a blanket, I didn't even remember falling asleep, I grabbed my phone to check the time and it read 10:30, there were a few texts, the one grabbing my attention the most was from Alex, as he rarely ever texted me and preferred talking face to face. 

I opened it and smiled almost instantly, 'you can get a cold very easily if you sleep without covers, but you're a dumbass that doesn't care so you're welcome', 'thank you, I would be dead without you', I locked my phone and headed upstairs to my room. 

I sighed grabbing my stuff and heading for a shower, the steaming water helped my unreasonably tense muscles loosen up a little bit, I had forgotten to put on any music before coming in, but I still enjoyed the sound of every little drop of water hitting the floor, it made me nostalgic to times back at home where I would go out into the rain, not feeling cold at all as it was always warm whenever it rained, the rain had a captivating effect on me, I could be screaming my lungs out one second then the next I would see the rain and it would be like nothing had happened at all. 

Winter was coming soon here, and it had rained once, but it was harsh and cold, not giving me a chance to enjoy it, I remember feeling sad about that then going to play games with Alex and the warmth he gave me made up for the warmth I missed outside, his stupid jokes and contagious laugh made me not miss home that much, feeling at home in that specific moment, and forgetting about the weather being gloomy and reminding me of the gloomy future I have waiting for me, I've never felt this grateful to have a person in my life.

I was shirtless and messily looking for the shirt I needed, the door knocked and I unconsciously said 'come in', only realizing I was half naked when it was too late, I almost tripped falling on my face as the door opened and Alex walked in, 'oh shit sorry you said come in I assumed you'd be.... Dressed', he quickly turned around, facing the wall as I let out a nervous laugh. 

'so random question, have you by any chance seen my striped black shirt?', I could almost see him rolling his eyes, like I was a kid asking his mommy where she had hid the candy, 'you changed in my room the other day because your room was being cleaned and you left it on my dresser chair', he visibly shook his head in disappointment, 'please get dressed and come downstairs to eat before I kill myself, or you, or both of us', he walked out closing the door without turning around, I felt myself turn all shades of red as I was faced with the closed door, I doubted my abilities of ruling a kingdom if I couldn't even remember where I place my things. 

I grabbed a different shirt and put it on, not wanting anymore shirtless mishaps if I did try to retrieve it, I slid down the railing of the stairs thankful I was out of Alex's view as he always scolded me when I do it because according to him it was extremely unsafe, I walked into the kitchen and almost got tackled by Alana hugging me tightly, I hugged her back as Alex sat on the counter scrolling through his phone looking zoned out. 

I pulled away from the hug and said a quick good morning, receiving no answer, I poured some cereal, my eyes still focused on Alexander as he still gave no reaction or response to my existence in the room, I sat next to him and accidentally bumped into his knee which finally made him look up at me, he smiled softly but absentmindedly, 'what's up?', I asked trying to not sound nosy as my curiosity to know what he was doing ate me up, 'nothing just checking the news', he locked his phone tucking it into his pocket, I had a hard time believing that he would have any interest in the news, but I let it go anyways.