Chapter Twelve

Alexander's POV:

'I don't know, I guess I just paint and see how things turn out', I let out a small laugh, scratching the back of my neck, 'I don't buy it, they're so full of emotions, every brush stroke is delicately placed, you know exactly what you're doing', she smirked, her small figure continuing to roam around my room like a gallery, 'I'm flattered', I blushed, not knowing what to add to the conversation. 

She glanced at me smiling herself, 'you're as cute as Charles described', I blushed further at the compliment coming from him, he wasn't even in the room yet he was being himself, 'I like being flirty, I don't mind if you're quiet, I get not all people are like that', she had stopped and looked at me to speak, 'thank you, I have no clue how this is supposed to go', 'maybe a date to start?', she tilted her head, the boldness in her voice making me feel smaller than her despite the height difference. 

'I kinda don't like leaving this place, it's like a phobia of the outside', the lie came out in between stutters, she didn't have a big reaction but seemed a little thoughtful, 'then we're bound to find something fun to do in here then', her voice was excited, like she took it as a challenge to make this place fun for us, I wanted to tell her that it was an impossible mission, but my mind wandered back to a bright set of hazel eyes and I remembered nothing is really impossible. 

'we have a movie's room and I can only hope you aren't as much of a wuss as Charles is', I managed a smile, 'oh please they're practically kid's movies to me', 'is that a promise?', she smirked, 'is that a date?', 'smooth, gonna have to test you though', she rolled her eyes playfully, 'you and me have a horror marathon tonight and the one who remains cool owes the other ice-cream', 'makes me feel like we're five but I'm in', we shook hands sealing the deal, 'if you decided to back out just tell me', she spoke as she exited the room, 'for sure', I called sarcastically behind her, Charles was completely lying when he said they were similar.

'she's nice, different though, not what I expected', he had a weird expression on his face, 'what'd you expect?', 'you', I shook my head after the word left my mouth, 'that sounded a little creepy, I meant similar to you', he chuckled, his eyes analyzing me carefully, making me want to know everything that goes on in his brain. 

'we're the same, she just has the guts to say and do what's on her mind', he didn't seem affected by what he said, I smiled, 'and you don't?', I unconsciously lent forward making the space between us a lot smaller, possibly making the question have more tension than it needed, he also leaned close, his soft smile still resting on his face, 'I don't', his words were in almost whisper tone, we both backed away in sync, our backs falling against the chairs, 'bullshit', I smirked, standing up to leave, he grabbed my arm, stopping me, I turned back to him, 'I feel like I need to say something before you leave', he let go of my arm, shaking his head, the door of his room opened a maid walked in and I glanced him a smile, taking the open door as my invite to leave.

Charles's POV:

I flopped on my bed, that was weird, he isn't mystical, he's usually the most straightforward person I know, he would tell me exactly what he thought I needed to hear, and that tension, my breathing had stopped, awaiting my next movement, I was nervous but knew I had to pretend everything was fine, so he wouldn't know, I didn't even know, my mind is playing the moment on repeat, the tension laying thick in the air, his eyes in mine, telling me confidently he knows me more than I know myself, and I sitting there unable to deny, knowing my thoughts would not sound right no matter how I tried to say them.

I had been unconsciously kicking my feet against the floor as I walked down the hallway, stopping when I heard a few laughs emerging from the room next to me, it was Alexander's room, I stopped, my curiosity getting the best of me as I lent closer, I heard a faint feminine voice who I figured was Lucy, and yet another laugh, Alex's, I found myself gritting my teeth and moving away from the door.