Chapter Four

Alexander's POV:

I rushed down the stairs and into the last floor of the castle, I headed towards the polished door which held our dance practice room behind it, it felt like forever since I had danced and I needed to do something to fill all this boredom I have. 

I walked into the room and was happy to see that the heater was turned on and that the empty room was warm, it gave me a sense of presence, I grabbed my phone and hooked it to the speakers, I scrolled through my playlist for a while before finally deciding on a song and clicking on it, I backed away and stared at myself in the large mirror as the beat began. 

I stretched a but then slowly started moving, I reminisced on the choreography I had done to this song a year ago and smiled, my body almost moved on its own as I began reenacting it, it was a slow song and the moves gave me a sense of confidence I couldn't explain, I threw my head back closing my eyes and as my feet moved swiftly across the hardwood floors. 

I felt my rustiness through my shortness of breath but I just smiled and continued to dance, dancing made me feel like I could be anywhere in the world and no one could catch me, I sighed opening my eyes to look at myself in the mirror, I landed the small jump I had did face down as I saw what was behind me in the door frame. 

I heard the hurried footsteps walking towards me as I continued lying there, I could feel him kneel down beside me as I turned around grimacing as the pain shot through my face, really graceful Alexander, I looked up at him, my attempts of hiding my embarrassment almost useless as my face was bright red, 'oh my god, are you okay?, I'm so sorry I scared you, I really didn't mean to, I was just-', I cut him off midway through his nervous ramble, 'Charles I'm okay, this happens more times than I can ever count, don't worry about it', I gave him a small smile and he nervously returned it. 

He quickly stood up and reached his hand out, I took it, standing up and dusting myself despite the room being spotless, 'you really gotta stop the stalker thing where you stare until I magically notice you're there', I chuckled after speaking but his expression was worried as he bit his lip, 'hey I'm joking, I appreciate the silent observation, I've never had anyone watch me do stuff', he smiled and I was relieved he stopped his nervousness. 

'you're an amazing dancer you know?', I was brought back as I had a hard time accepting compliments, 'thank you, though that fall proves otherwise', he shook his head, 'I can't balance myself for more than a minute, royal balls are not a fun time with me', 'Alana can totally teach you how to dance, shes a pro', he gave me a suspicious smile, 'well I had someone else in mind since asking Alana would kinda be embarrassing', I shook my head faster than I ever have, he pouted and batted his eyelashes, 'I'll pretend to lose in video games so you can be happy', 'fine you adorable asshole, I'll teach you how to dance, but that in no way means I'm saying that you are better than me at gaming', 'sure thing sore loser'. 

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we both walked out of the room and into the long hallway, 'oh by the way the reason I originally came down for was to tell that the king and queen took Alana to a charity event to socialize more with the people of the kingdom and they'll be gone most of the day so I thought we could hang out for a bit', 'yeah sure, I was thinking of watching a movie so we can do that', he nodded, 'I just have to get a phone call done and then I'll come', 'alright I have to get changed so I'll see you in a few', we both went our separate ways and I changed my clothes then headed to the kitchen. 

I opened the pantry grabbing some chips and making sure to grab Charles some of his favorite candy, I didn't know why he liked this stuff, it tasted like sugary soap to me but he loved it and he got excited whenever he'd have it so I didn't care, I then got us drinks from the fridge the headed upstairs for the cinema room, something I had also always loved about this place since I could never go to the movies, I walked towards the room and Charles was already at the door, I saw his eyes light up at the sight of the candy I had in my arms, he snatched it the second I was in front of him, 'you are the best', he smiled like a little kid, 'anything for you your majesty', I said sarcastically and he laughed as we both went into the room. 

He sat down and I placed the things on one of the many chairs in the room as I headed towards the projector controller and started it, choosing the movie I was planning to watch already, I rushed back to my seat to not miss any of it and I noticed Charles give me a scared look as he noticed what movie it was. 

He had mentioned that he wasn't that fond of horror movies but I wanted to watch this and knew he wouldn't object to that, 'if you get too scared I'll put on toy story for you', 'really funny Alexander', I stuck my tongue out and he laughed, I turned my attention back to the screen and from the corner of my eye I could see him intensely chewing on his candy, I held in my laughter taking a sip of my soda. 

The first jump scare and he had already covered his eyes with his hands, I sniffled and I felt one of his hands slap my shoulder, 'you're heartless if that didn't scare you at least one bit', 'not even a tiny bit', I smirked as he glared at me through his fingers, 'I can do this', he whispered as he breathed in deeply and let his hands drop, the rest of the movie I noticed how he was trying his hardest to not even flinch, it made me smile, I knew he was stubborn and would do anything to prove a point including not sleeping at all that night, I pretended not to notice the fact that him insisting we stay up late for a movie night was because he didn't want to be alone at night, I didn't mind it at all though, I could use not being alone too.