Sad Songs

Lisa sat down on a vacant bench, not just too far away from her house, but close enough to the ocean, where the sound of waves and wind was the only thing that can make her feel relax. She owned a music box that held every song in all the world. And it makes it more perfect.

"Hey"

Lisa clutch her chest and was about to snapped, but she didn't, since what she found was an angel.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." The angel said. "Can I?" She asked, pointing to the space on the bench and asking for permission to take a seat beside her.

Lisa just nodded and patted the space, for the angel to occupy it.

"Did I disturb you?" The girl asked again.

Lisa just shook her head and smile at the angel.

"Oh okay, that's good to know. I'm Jennie, by the way." The said girl, Jennie, held out her hand for handshake and Lisa gladly took it.

"What about you?" Jennie asked and smiled.

Lisa let out her fake smile, she knew people will immediately leave her once they'll know something about her. If Jennie is an observer, then she'll definitely find it immediately.

Jennie then scrabble around her bag to find the particular things. She gave Lisa her gummy smile, because she knew. The latter widened her eyes and tears already visible in front of Jennie.

"Hey, no need to cry. I know this will sound creepy, but I've watched from afar since then. I just didn't have the courage to initiate a conversation because I'm shy." Jennie then chuckled while Lisa just smiled.

I'm Lisa. Nice to meet you.

Was written on a piece of paper that Jennie gave.

"Nice to meet you too." Jennie smiled and pointed at the thing Lisa held. "What's that?"

Jennie waited patiently as she's watching Lisa scribbled to the paper.

It contains all my favorite songs. Wanna listen to it?

P.S Some of them are sad songs. We could skip it if you want ^_^

Jennie read and chuckled. "I will listen to each one of your favorite songs. Honestly, I'm not fond of doing some playlist, but you have one, so I'll listen to it."

Lisa just nodded and played her, her favorite songs. She watched Jennie's face lit up with wonder as the music filled their atmosphere and the poetry of lyrics went straight into their hearts. She watches and heard as Jennie closes her eyes and hummed to the beat of each songs they listen to.

As the days passed by, Lisa always make a new playlist for Jennie and every day, they always meet up in the same place they met, still at the same time. Jennie would sit by her quietly—never seeming to mind that Lisa could only speak to her through words.

Lookin' in your eyes I see a paradise
this world that I've found is too good to be true.
Standin' here beside ya, want so much to give you,
this love in my heart that I'm feelin' for you.

Lisa looked at Jennie with wide eyes, as she heard Jennie sang along with the song.

Let 'em say we're crazy, I don't care about that,
put your hand in my hand, baby, don't ever look back.
Let the world around us just fall apart
baby, we can make it if we're heart-to-heart.

Lisa wrote something on a piece of paper, (still the same paper that Jennie gave to her since the day they met) and gave it to Jennie. 'You know this song?'

"Yeah silly." Jennie gave her a soft chuckled and pat her head. "It's one of my favorite songs."

And we can build this dream together,
standing strong forever,
nothing's gonna stop us now.
And if this world runs out of lovers,
we'll still have each other.
Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now.

Lisa clapped her hands as she heard the soothing voice of Jennie, the latter tuck her hair behind her ear shyly, since she never done that in front of someone. But if it's Lisa, she'll make an exemption.

Jennie loved everything Lisa played for her, but of them all—she loved the sad songs best. So, Lisa began play them more and more until eventually, sad songs were all Jennie would hear. And for the sake of Jennie, Lisa got rid of all the love songs and replace it with sad songs. She then, made another playlist contains sad songs and they listen to it on the next day and so on.

They would often cry and share their thoughts about the emotional songs they've heard.  Or search it up what's story behind of the song. That's the only thing they do when they met up when the sun sets and only finished when the moon appears.

As usual, they played another sad songs but Jennie was seemed a bit off.

Hey are you okay?

Jennie just smiled. "Lisa, I'm sorry."

Lisa tilted her head in confusion and was about to write when Jennie stop her. "Hey, listen to me." She took both of her hands and kissed them warmly. "Thank you so much for everything. Thank you for the gift of music and poetry, but above all else, for showing me sadness, because I had known neither of these things before you. Above all of that, for showing me the beauty of everything I never experienced before I met you. But Lisa, it's time for me to go away, to find someone who could show me what happiness is."

Lisa just smiled and gave her a thumbs up, she knew this would happen.

"I'm sorry." Jennie did something that made Lisa widened her eyes and ran away, leaving Lisa with questions that she can't ask and questions that Jennie can only answer.

I love you

Lisa clutch the paper (still the same paper Jennie gave to her) and smiled. Those unsaid words she wrote were written behind on the paper given by Jennie, who only saw the the front page of the paper. It was both unlucky and lucky from Lisa, unlucky that Jennie left her and ran away and lucky that Jennie kissed her, a hope she only have that they have a chance to meet again.

And they did.

...

"Do you remember the song that was playing the day we met?"

Lisa smiled and write down her words, still the same paper she used a long time ago.

No, but I remember every song that I have heard since you left.

It's been a while hahaha.