Chapter 3: Return of the Rival

After surviving and defeating SMG4's rabid pet Chain Chomp, Mario and Meggy decided to treat themselves to some food at the Crust Bucket.

Mario: Ooooooooh... Mario's wiener just got a little bit harder!

Meggy laughed at Mario's words, as she ordered two Crusty Seanwiches.

Mario: I wonder how it's gonna taste?

Meggy: You'll love it, Mario. The Crust Bucket is a GREAT place to go if you're hungry. I just wish there was more options, though.

Mario: Mmhmm.

The two got their Crusty Seanwiches and sat down.

Meggy: Go on ahead, Mario!

Mario took a bite out of his Crusty Seanwhich, which made his eyes turn into hearts. The inkling laughed again as Mario began to vibrate.

Mario: IT'S FUCKING PERFECT!!! I LOVE IT!

Meggy: I knew you'd love it!

Mario then ate his Crusty Seanwich in five bites and made his usual derp face.

Mario: Done! Can I have some money, now?

Meggy: *Giggle* Oh, Mario. I love you so much.

Mario: I love you too, Meggy!

The two went in for a kiss, when suddenly a shot of purple ink hit Mario, sending him flying through multiple tables.

Mario: HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Inkling: MY LEG!!!

Meggy: Mario! Who did that?!

???: Why, that would be me!

A familiar octoling walked out of the shadows with her Splattershot in hand.

Desti: I'm back, Meggy! 

Meggy grabbed her Splattershot and pointed it at Desti.

Desti: How cute. I don't even need my Splattershot, because I know your secret.

Meggy: H-huh?

Mario got up and cracked his back.

Mario: Secret? W-wait...

Desti: That's right. I know about you two being a couple. 

Meggy: WHAT?! How'd you find out?!

Desti held a photo up of Mario and Meggy connecting their lips together on a bench.

Desti: It was pretty easy. One of the fellow members of the Octopusse took a picture from afar of you two smooching. And now, I'm gonna spread this through the entirety of Inkopolis!

Meggy growled, her finger was itching to pull the trigger and shoot her rival, but worry and embarrassment took her over as she fell onto her knees.

Mario: Meggy!

Meggy: Y-you... J-jerk...

Desti stuck her tongue out and walked off while giggling evilly.

Mario: Damn that octo bitch! 

Meggy: Mario... I have a question for you...

Mario: Hmm?

Meggy: She's gonna spoil our secret... And it will spread through Inkopolis... Can I... Stay in your home?

Mario: Sure, Meggy! Anything for you!

Meggy blushed and hugged Mario tightly.

Mario: Oh!

Meggy: Thank you... Now, let's get the hell out of here...

Mario nodded and held hands with his inkling girlfriend, as they left Inkopolis and entered the Mushroom Kingdom. A few minutes later, they arrived at the Mario Bro's house, which was small but still a good house.

Meggy: Wow... It looks so cozy!

Mario: Yep! I hope you enjoy staying here, Meggy!

Meggy: Oh, I think I will...

(That's it for today! I'm glad to be recreating this story for my bestie and others who loved the original version of this story. Next time, they hide their secret from Luigi, get a little too messy during training, and go on a date.)

Anyways, lata!