Chapter 4: A Place to Lay Low

Meggy moved the last of her stuff into the Mario Bro's house and smiled.

Meggy: Alright, that's it!

Mario: We'll sort this out later. Also, good news, Luigi isn't here to see our secret.

Meggy: That's good.

Mario: Yeah, I also have a few rules if you're gonna be living here at my house.

Meggy: Oh? What are the rules, Mario?

Mario: Okay, rule one. If Luigi is in the house, then you need to stay down in the basement. Don't worry, the basement has food and other things needed to live.

Meggy: Okay.

Mario: Rule two. You are free to move around the house once Luigi is gone.

Meggy: Got it.

Mario: Rule three. While you're in the basement, that still doesn't mean we have no time to talk, so we can text or call each other via our phones to stay in touch.

Meggy: Mmhmm.

Mario: And finally rule four. No eating my spaghetti. That kind of food should belong to me only.

Meggy: Does that mean I can make a rule where you're not allowed to eat my instant noodles? *Giggle*

Mario laughed at Meggy's smartass reply and hugged her, as she hugged her plumber boyfriend back.

Mario: Heh heh, any other food is yours. You got all that, Meggy?

Meggy: Yep! But what do I do if Luigi comes down into the basement?

Mario: Hide. You can turn into your Squid form, after all. Just hide behind a few boxes while in Squid form and you'll be safe.

Meggy: Okay, Mario.

The two laid on the couch for a few seconds, when suddenly someone knocked on the door startling them both.

Meggy: EEP!

Mario: Meggy, quick! The basement!

Meggy ran downstairs into the basement and closed the door behind her, as Luigi entered the house and smiled.

Luigi: Oh, hey Mario. It's a good thing you didn't destroy anything or burn the house down.

Mario: Hey, bro! You know, maybe it's time to hit the hay...

Luigi: Yeah, I am pretty tired... But before I go to bed, what are these boxes?

Mario started to sweat a little but quickly came up with an excuse.

Mario: Oh, Bowser is currently doing some home improvement, so I offered to take care of a thing of his things.

Luigi: That's very nice of you bro! Anyways, Imma gonna head to bed. 

Luigi walked into the bedroom as Mario took a sigh of relief.

Mario: Phew...

The plumber walked down into the basement, Meggy was on her Squidphone texting Tari about Christmas plans and a few other things.

Meggy: (Text) You know, this place really does need a few superheroes after what happened with Waluigi.

Tari: (Text) I agree... But I think the Avengers are currently busy, so we're kinda out of luck.

Meggy: (Text) Oof... Anyways, I'm gonna go. See ya, Tari.

Meggy put her Squidphone in her pocket and looked up to see Mario.

Mario: Hoho, hello!

Meggy: Heya.

Mario: We'll continue our time together tomorrow, Meggy. We might even go out sometime.

Meggy: Okay, Mario. Good night.

Mario kissed Meggy on the cheek and started to walk upstairs.

Mario: Good night, honey.

The plumber closed the door, Meggy grabbed a blanket and laid down on an old mattress while blushing.

Meggy: He's so cute...

(WE'RE BACK, BOIS! You know, this story literally got almost one-hundred reads overnight, and I didn't expect that! That's probably my fastest record for one-hundred reads! Oh, and MXR is will reach 80K reads soon! It still warms my heart to see how much support that story got and still is getting!)

Anyways, lata!