Chapter 5: Training Time

Meggy woke up and cracked her neck.

Meggy: *Yawn* Hopefully Luigi is out of the house.

The inkling walked up the stairs and pressed her ear on the door to hear Mario and Luigi having a conversation.

Mario: Bro, guess what I found!

Luigi: Dafuq?

Mario: Look at this!

Mario was holding his phone up, Luigi looked at it and saw that there was a non-haunted mansion that he had won.

Luigi: HORI SHIATO!

Mario: It's all for you, bro! You lucky bastard! Go on, go see how the mansion is!

Luigi cheered and got into his kart.

Luigi: YOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Luigi slammed his foot on the gas pedal and drove away, Meggy got out of the basement and hugged Mario.

Mario: Heh heh, morning Meggy!

Meggy: Good morning, Mario. What was that about?

Mario: Oh, I tricked Luigi into thinking he won a non-haunted mansion.

Meggy: Good one, Mario. *Giggle*

Mario: So... Now what? 

Meggy looked over at the boxes she brought in yesterday and opened them, revealing a stash of weapons.

Mario: *Jontron voice* HOLY SHIT!

Meggy: I have an idea! How about we train?

Mario: Sure, but not in here! Let's do it outside.

Meggy nodded in agreement and followed Mario outside.

Meggy: Alright... You ready, Mario?

Mario: I HAVE NO IDEA!

Meggy spun her Splattershot around and began to fire at Mario, the plumber screamed and ran behind a tree.

Mario: SHIT! SHIT!

Mario ran from behind the tree and fired at Meggy, she turned into her Squid form and swam towards Mario while he panicked.

Mario: Uh oh...!

Meggy turned back to her normal form and pointed her Splattershot at the back of Mario's head.

Mario: *Windows error noise*

Meggy pressed the trigger, but the Splattershot fired water instead of ink which completely soaked Mario.

Mario: Meggy!

Meggy laughed and fell to the floor.

Meggy: Gotcha, Mario!

Mario: Okay, good one, Meggy... But...

Meggy: But?-

Mario grabbed his Splattershot and shot Meggy in the stomach.

Meggy: OOF!

Mario: What goes around comes around!

Meggy: Oh, it is on!

Orange ink started to fly around the place, during this, Luigi arrived at the non-haunted mansion but realized something.

Luigi: Wait a minute... Wait a minute!

There was no mansion at all, except for a small cottage.

Old Man: YOU DARN KIDS GET OFF MY PROPERTY!

The Old Man pulled a shotgun out and started to fire at Luigi.

Luigi: AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Luigi ran away and hid behind a large rock.

Old Man: ...Dickface.

Luigi: *Panting* Oh my god... That's not a mansion...! That must of been a scam! I'll text Mario about it...

Luigi took his phone out of his pocket and began to text Mario.

Mario: Eat this!

Mario threw a Splat Bomb at Meggy, as she kicked it back at her plumber boyfriend.

Mario: WAT?!-

The Splat Bomb exploded sending Mario flying into a tree.

Mario: OOF! Mama Mia...!

Meggy helped Mario get up and kissed him on the cheek.

Meggy: That should do for today, Mario! Thanks for helping me train!

Mario: No problem, Meggy! Let's head back... I-inside...

The Mario Bro's house was completely covered in orange ink.

Meggy: Oops...!

Mario: At least we have time to clean it up-

Mario's phone vibrated, as the plumber looked at his notifications to see a text from Luigi.

Luigi: (Text) Hey, bro. Turns out there wasn't a mansion after all. It must of been some shady scam. I'll be heading back home now. See ya in a few minutes!

Mario: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Meggy: Oh no, that isn't good!

Mario: HOW ARE WE GONNA CLEAN THE HOUSE IN TIME?!

Meggy checked her Splattershot to see that it was empy.

Meggy: I'll go get more water! Start cleaning, Mario!

Mario nodded and grabbed a sponge.

Mario: IT'S SCRUBBING TIME!

The plumber started to clean the roof of the house while making chainsaw noises.

Mario: Luigi is gonna kill me if we're not quick!

Mario continued to clean, then Meggy came back with a Splattershot full of water.

Meggy: Alright, I got the water!

Mario: Hurry, do it Meggy!

Meggy fired the Splattershot, as water covered the house and washed all of the orange ink away.

Mario: Phew...

Mario hopped down from the roof and high-fived Meggy, as Luigi parked his kart in front of the house.

Mario: Quick, hide!

Meggy jumped through the window and ran into the basement, Mario approached Luigi and smiled.

Luigi: Huh? Oh, hey bro! Have you... Cleaned the house?

Mario: Y-yeah! I decided to be really helpful and clean up! It saves you out of having to do any work, bro!

Luigi: *Thoughts: Something is off... Mario NEVER wants to pitch in and help... I'll talk to the others about this.* Oh, thanks bro! I really appreciate it!

Mario nodded as he and Luigi walked into the house.

Luigi: I'll be watching some TV, want to join in, bro?

Mario: Sorry, Luigi... I'm a bit busy today...

Luigi: Okie dokie, bro!

Mario tiptoed into the basement and closed the door behind him.

Meggy: That was close.

Mario: Too close. I've decided that I'm gonna hang out with you down here for a while, got any ideas?

Meggy held up a stack of UNO cards.

Meggy: I found these down here. Are they part of a game or something?

Mario: UNO?! Hell yeah! I'll explain the rules.

Mario explained the rules of UNO, as the couple began to play while holding hands.

(Actually, a change of plans. I might release all of the chapters today, since tomorrow and Tuesday I'll be a bit busy with some college work. But hey, at least I'll be first to revive this majestic story!)

Anyways, lata!