Partners in crime(1)

If Poppy's outfit doesn't load:

"Are you sure you can't come?" Donna asks whilst walking down a busy street-phone to her ear

In a school classroom, Poppy is swinging around on a chair with her coat draped over the back, a pack of strawberries on her desk and her phone lying on the table "I'm sure. I shouldn't even be calling you right now. The head-teacher gets livid when we phone people during our breaks. He's insane."

"It's gotten worse since he's been taking those pills, right?" Donna's still walking down the street. Not that she or Poppy knew but The Doctor is walking down as well.

"It's like he thinks losing weight has a difference on his authority," On one wall of the classroom, it's filled with the Royal Family's history, on another, Ancient Rome and on the third, it's got a huge white bored, with personal touches surrounding it. The fourth wall's just a string of windows and art done by the GCSE art students (Poppy got bored teaching a lesson one day and told everyone to draw a historical figure, it just so happened they were the only good ones).

Students knock on the door and Poppy curses under her breath "My lesson's just started. Got to go,"

"Bye,"

"Good luck," Poppy hangs up and opens the classroom door "Who wants to learn about The Black Death?!" she's met with glares "No? Too bad,"

----------&----------

"If this doesn't relate to The Black Death, I don't care," Poppy's sat at her desk, her glasses sat beside her and her hair up in a bun, blue books sprawled out in front of her "This one kid just wrote the lyrics to Ring-aring a-Roses. I mean, it's related to it. Should I give her a mark?"

"Poppy, oh thank god," Donna breathes a sigh of relief "you'll never believe what I've seen," Donna goes on a ramble, about the PowerPoint, the list of clients, the woman and the small white things "it felt like he was there y'know?" Poppy sighs, leaning back in her chair.

"Donna, you know he's gone right? He flew off in that box, traveling into time,"

"And space," Donna finished.

"Look, head home. I'll be there soon,"

----------&----------

"Well, you're not yourself, I'll give you that. You just, you seem to be drifting, sweetheart,"

"I'm not drifting. I'm waiting," Donna and Wilfred's conversation fills Poppy's ears as she works her way up the hill, she shifts in her coat.

"What for?"

"Me," Poppy walks up to the other side of Wilfred, he smiles up at her "Hi Gramps," she kisses his cheek.

"Hello dear," Poppy goes over to the shed to unbury a picnic blanket.

"No, I'm waiting for the right man,"

"Same old story. A man!" The trio laugh as Poppy lets her blanket down the other side of Wilfred.

"No, I don't mean like that. But, he's real. Me and Poppy have seen him. We've met him, just once, and then we let him fly away,"

"Well, there you are. Go and find him," he looks between Poppy and Donna "both of you,"

"I've tried. He's nowhere," Donna put emphasis on 'I've'. Poppy looks down. She accepted he was gone and carried on as usual. Even I she felt something different in her. She wanted to Run. So badly. Anywhere, any time. She hadn't felt like this since she was discharged from the hospital those years ago.

"Oi, not like you to give up. Do you know, I remember when you were about six years old, your mother said no holiday this year. So off you toddled, all on your own and you got on a bus to Strathclyde. Ha! We had the police after you and everything. Ha, where's she gone, then. Where's that girl, hey?" Wilfred encouraged her.

"You're right. Because he's still out there, somewhere. And I'll find him, Gramps. Even if I have to wait a hundred years, I'll find him," after a few minutes of silence, Poppy spoke up.

"I brought tea,"

"Did you or Sylvia make it?" Wilfred asked.

"Me,"

"Give it 'ere then," Poppy laughed and handed it to him "you never told me where you got that ring from," Poppy smiled down at it. She was sure whatever was in it stopped working. But she couldn't bring herself to take it off.

"A man," she answered, Wilfred smiled at her "An absolutely incredible man,"