Epilogue

The bells are ringing for the end of a wedding ceremony

The bells are ringing for the end of a wedding ceremony. Donna and Shaun are married. Poppy seems to have actually attended this wedding. Her hair is longer and she looks older, but she's smiling happily, throwing petals all over Donna.

"You look lovely. Come here," Wilfred kisses both Donna and Shaun. He then turns to Poppy "so do you love," He kisses her forehead and she laughs

"You told me that three times today, already"

"Well you do. And you know who else would say you look gorgeous," Wilf raises his eyebrows and Poppy gets the message

"Not sure about that gramps. Anyway, three cheers!"

Wilfred does the 'hip-hip' in and everyone else says Hooray

"Right, come on then, you lot. This photo is just with friends," Donna groups everyone together "Come on. And I want all of you in it. Come on. That's it. Well, friends, and Nerys, "Everyone laughs, Poppy's being the loudest. She's in-between Donna and Nerys "Oh, I'm only joking. Oh, look at her,"

"You made me wear peach, and let Poppy wear boots,"

"That's because you are a peach. Furry skin, stone inside, going off,"

"Okay, smile," The Photographer instructs

"Cheese!" everyone choruses. Poppy smiles genuinely and happily, surrounded by her friends and watching Wilfred walk off with Sylvia. She would investigate that later.

When it came to the bouquet catching, no matter how hard Minnie tried; Poppy caught it. Even after Nerys demanded a re-throw.

Wilfred comes over and hands Donna an envelope "Oh, don't tell me, it's a bill. Just what I need, right now," she opens it "A lottery ticket? What a cheap present. Who was that? Still, you never know. It's a triple rollover this week. I might get lucky," Poppy looks to her right and sees The Doctor standing there. Of course, it was him

"Um, Donna, I'll be right back,"

"Where ae you going?"

"Snog a stranger in the bushes," Poppy half jokes and Donna laughs loudly before running in to find her husband.

"Oi, Shaun! Come on, we're on a tight schedule. Oxtail soup at two thirty!"

Poppy walks over to The Doctor and he smiles when she finally gets to him "actually went to this wedding then?"

"Eh, he's a god guy," Poppy shrugs "you look older,"

"Yeah...."

"I worked with Jack for a bit," Poppy tells him, already knowing he was curious as to what she had been up to "helped Martha and Mickey a few times,"

"Where you going next?"

"Think I might get out of London for a bit,"

"Where to then?"

"A small English village, far away from everything. The only thing it's got is a Post Office. Leadworth, what could go wrong?" The Doctor smiles and Poppy stares at him for a moment

"What?"

"I've got a feeling I'm not going to see this face again,"

"Probably not," Poppy smiles and leans up to kiss him. He holds her face in his hands and they stay like that for a while.

"Oi Poppy! Donna needs you for something! Probably the loo!" Nerys screams

"One minute!"

"Looks like you've got to go,"

"Good luck," Poppy kisses him gently one more time

"You too,"

----------&---------

The Doctor had already seen Rose, but he was determined to get one more trip in.

He opened the TARDIS doors and he was on a street outside a pub, it was snowing and he could just see the frame of the woman he was looking for inside the window.

A banner read 'Good Luck Poppy!' and it seemed Donna had only actually invited a few people - including Wilfred.

"Will I see you again?" Wilfred asked, tears in his eyes

"I don't know Gramps. Probably not," He hugs her tightly "I love you,"

"You'll always be my granddaughter," The Doctor watches them embrace before walking back down the alleyway to the TARDIS. His time had come. And he didn't want to go.

----------&-----------

A/N - So, this book is finished. I'm starting on the next one immediately, so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Please give me feedback if you can!