Journey's end (1)

A/N- unedited yet again, so sorry for any mistakes! Comments mean a lot, especially ones on certain paragraphs (like reacting whilst reading). I try to respond to comments and messages as often as I can.

----------&----------

The Doctor continues his regeneration until he directs the energy to bellow the console, into his hand. The other four in the room fully believe he's regenerating until the light stops and they look up.

The Doctor is no longer glowing with energy. He just looks a little tired and well, the same.

"Now then. Where were we?" The four just stare at him in astonishment. The women still in Jack's arms.

The Doctor checks on his now glowing hand "There now," He then blows on it and the energy seems to leave like magic. "You see? Used the regeneration energy to heal myself, but soon as I was done, I didn't need to change. I didn't want to. Why would I? Look at me," He adjusts his tire smugly and winks at Poppy "So, to stop the energy going all the way, I siphoned off the rest into a handy bio-matching receptacle, namely my hand. My hand there. My handy spare hand. Remember? Christmas Day, Sicora. Lost my hand in a sword fight? That's my hand. What do you think?"

"You're still you?" Rose asks uncertainly

"I'm still me," Rose goes to hug him but instead The Doctor goes straight for Poppy who wasn't expecting that. She thought he was going to Rose. But she didn't complain and laughed happily, squeezing The Doctor tightly. They both missed the glare Rose gave Poppy.

"You can hug me, if you want. No, really. You can hug me," Donna tells Jack and Poppy slaps her arm before The Doctor finally hugs Rose.

----------&----------

The five are standing around the console when the power suddenly shuts down.

"They've got us. Power's gone. Some kind of chrono loop!" The TARDIS tilts and they all fall down. The Doctor instantly making a grab for Poppy as he always does. Not thinking anything of it until Rose glares. He ignores her and helps Poppy up when the ship balances again.

"There's a massive Dalek ship at the centre of the planets. They're calling it the Crucible. Guess that's our destination," Jack says

"You said these planets were like an engine. But what for?" Donna asks gently. She could tell something was on The Doctor's mind. And she was hopeful it had something to do with her blonde best friend next to her.

"Rose, you've been in a parallel world. That world's running ahead of this universe. You've seen the future. What was it?" The Doctor's finally gets out

"It's the darkness,"

"The stars were going out," Donna realises

"One by one. We looked up at the sky and they were just dying. Basically, we've been building this, um, this travel machine, this, this era, dimension cannon, so I could. Well, so I could...."

"What?"

"So, I could come back," Rose says obviously and The Doctor smiles cheekily "Shut up," Ok, now even Poppy had to admit that little exchange was cute "Anyway, suddenly, it started to work and the dimensions started to collapse. Not just in our world, not just in yours, but the whole of reality. Even the Void was dead. Something is destroying everything,"

"In that parallel world, you said something about me?" Donna asks

"The dimension cannon could measure timelines, and it's, it's weird, Donna, but they all seemed to converge on you,"

"But why me? I mean, what have I ever done? I'm a temp from Chiswick,"

"Donna..." Poppy starts but the scanner starts beeping and her motivational speech is delayed.