Turn Left

A/N- I've only really included parts where Poppy is mentioned as this was mainly a Donna episode, and I didn't want to take away from that.

---------&----------

Cars fly through small wind turbines, and down in the streets, there are lots of banners with Chinese symbols on them.

The Doctor, Poppy and Donna are walking through the market before The Doctor stops to get them some drinks

"I'm not drinking that," Poppy says as he returns with three mugs, yet she still takes one anyway, Donna following suit

"I'd rather have a water,"

"You are going to love it," Poppy raises an eyebrow but plays along with it "One, two, three!" The trio simultaneously take sips of their drinks, Poppy's eyes widen in shock.

"Lovely!" Donna exclaims

"It's a bit like hot chocolate, but also nothing like it," Poppy comments and The Doctor wipes the foam of her mouth "thanks dear," They carry on through the market and The Doctor and Poppy get split up from Donna, he's trying to buy some strange fruit thing, whilst Poppy stares at a long chain. It would be perfect for a key, the TARDIS one, if The Doctor ever remembers to give it to her.

"How much for that?" she asks the woman, pointing to it. Poppy tries to get it cheaper, and succeeds.

"What you been up too?" The Doctor asks, coming up behind her.

"Just getting this," she holds it up "mind putting it on for me," The Doctor complies and Poppy feels chills run down her spine when his hands touch The Back of her neck.

----------&----------

Without Poppy or The Doctor knowing, Donna had turned right, and was now in a different universe. A universe where The Doctor had died and Poppy wasn't there, she never had been.

Donna sits at the table, laughing with her friends on Christmas eve. But she feels like there's someone missing, someone important, she'd be sat to the right of her, drinking a Smirnoff ice. But who was she?

----------&----------

As everything goes wrong without The Doctor, Donna dreams of him and Poppy. And sometimes she feels like there's someone missing, someone she should have met but hasn't.

"None of this was meant to happen. There was a man. This wonderful man, and he stopped it. The Titanic, the Adipose, the ATMOS, he stopped them all from happening," Rose explains as they sit on a bench.

"That Doctor?" Donna asks Rose

"You knew him,"

"Did I? When?"

"I think you dream about him sometimes. It's a man in a suit. Tall, thin man. Great hair. Some really great hair,"

"Who are you?"

"I was like you. I used to be you. You've travelled with him, Donna. You've travelled with the Doctor in a different world,"

"I never met him, and he's dead,"

"He died underneath the Thames on Christmas Eve, but you were meant to be there. He needed someone to stop him, and that was you. You made him leave. You saved his life,"

"But there's someone else, in my dreams, I think she's blonde,"

"Poppy Watcher," Rose tells her "she travelled with you two,"

"What happened?" Donna felt like she needed to know

"I don't know." Rose looks around, in thought "Maybe the Doctor saved her parents, or grandparents in his future that he never got to do. You should have met her in your early 20's,"

"What?" Donna asks, but she's suddenly thrown into a flashback

Donna walks past an alleyway, where a marble patterned converse is just visible "you alright?" Donna asks, stepping closer "oh, tis better not be a drunk," Donna's breath catches in her throught when she sees a blonde girl lying on the floor, almost methodically. Donna tries to wake her but fails "someone call 999!"

-

"NHS my arse," Poppy muttered as she stepped into to street.

"You're the girl I found, I'm Donna,"

"Hi," Poppy shook her hand "thanks for that by the way,"

"Stop it. I don't know what you're talking about. Leave me alone!"

----------&----------

Donna had turned left and the universe created around her had collapsed.

The Doctor enter casually, Poppy's arm linked in his

"Everything all right?"

"Oh, God," Donna hugs the Doctor tightly

"What was that for?"

"I don't know," Donna mutters before hugging Poppy as well,"

---------&----------

Later, the Doctor is prodding the dead beetle with a stick.

"I can't remember. It's slipping away. You know like when you try and think of a dream and it just sort of goes," Donna and Poppy are holding the same drinks from earlier.

"Just got lucky, this thing. It's one of the Trickster's Brigade. Changes a life in tiny little ways. Most times, the universe just compensates around it, but with you? Great big parallel world,"

"Hold on. You said parallel worlds are sealed off," Poppy pipes up

"They are. But Donna, you had one created around you. Funny thing is, seems to be happening a lot to you,"

"How do you mean?"

"Well, The Library and then this,"

"Just goes with the job, I suppose,"

"Sometimes I think there's way too much coincidence around you, Donna. I met you once, then I met your grandfather, then I met you again. I mean, I met Poppy twice too, but she was just following you. In the whole wide universe, I met you for a second time. It's like something's binding us together,"

"Don't be so daft. I'm nothing special,"

"Yes, you are. You're brilliant.

"She said that," Donna realises

"Who did?"

"That woman. I can't remember,"

"Well, she never existed now,"

"No, but she said the stars. She said the stars are going out,"

"Yeah, but that world's gone,"

"No, but she said it was all worlds. Every world. She said the darkness is coming even here,"

"Well, that's not cryptic," Poppy mutters, finishing her drink off and setting it down

"Who was she?"

"I don't know,"

"What did she look like?"

"She was blonde,"

"What was her name?"

"I don't know,"

"Donna, what was her name?" The Doctor presses

"But she told me to warn you. She said two words,"

"What two words? What were they? What did she say?"

"Bad Wolf. Well, what does it mean?"

The Doctor runs outside in chock, and Poppy follows, stumbling behind him. Every printed thing now says Bad Wolf. Even the TARDIS says it, instead of the usual Police Box.

They run inside, where The TARDS is lit by emergency red lighting

"Thanks for setting the tone love," Poppy mutters sarcastically

"Doctor, what is it? What's Bad Wolf?" Donna asks urgently

"It's the end of the universe,"