New Poppy

Even though she told the others not to open River's diary, Poppy still had it in the pocket of her hoodie, along with her screwdriver.

She walked through the halls of the TARDIS, back to her room.

Immediately, the lights turned a deep blue when she opened the door "thank you stunning," Poppy opened the door to the wardrobe and worked her way down the room. Stopping by the shelves at the end where a new version of River's diary sat in the middle.

"you clever girl," Poppy swapped the books around and opened up the book to find it blank "this is my one?" the TARDIS flashed green

"thanks, old girl," Poppy put the book in her pocket and went to place the screwdriver on one of the shelves but it was deleted

"Oi!" Poppy went to put it on another one, but the same thing happened

"what do you want me to do with it?" The TARDIS changed the lights behind her to a yellow glow "follow the lights?" It flashed green "I'll take that as a yes,"

Poppy walked through the halls until she ended up in a workshop place "okay, where do I put it?" one of the machines lit up and Poppy placed it in, the timer read 1 hour

"What do I do now?" Poppy got no response so went back to her room to shower and put some pyjamas on.

---------&--------

"You alright?" he Doctor asks as he slides on the chair opposite Poppy at the breakfast bar.

"Yeah," Poppy takes a sip of her tea

"It's okay, to still be upset about..." The Doctor trailed off, they both knew what he was referring to "did you know her?"

"I think I did, a version of her is buried on my memories, but well, you know what happens when I try to remember something,"

"What did she whisper in your ear?"

"Doesn't matter now," Poppy put her empty tea cup in the sink and walked back to the workshop room, making sure The Doctor wasn't following.

"Right then Stunning, what is it?" Poppy opened up the machine and a brand-new sonic screwdriver was staring at her. It had a green end, and when she pushed the button, it extended and opened up "oh, that's cool," Poppy pocketed the screwdriver and went to go back to the kitchen for another cup of tea, but changed her mind and found herself back at the wardrobe, looking for a coat, or something to be her signature thing. What? She couldn't take a few ideas from The Doctor?

"What do you suggest Stunning?" A blue coat drops down "yes," and as she put the diary and sonic in the inner coat of the pocket before lying in bed that night, the only thought in her head was what River whispered in her ear.

Tick tock goes the clock